Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wisdom Teeth

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I agree, congrats!!!! :D

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
ahh, a knife to the gums.. Count me out.

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
i had to have a tooth pulled out last year from the back of my mouth.then a couple of weeks later my mouth was still sore and i had what felt like bits of teeth coming out of my gum so i went back to the dentist who said it was my wisdom tooth coming through now its almost all the way through

39 and still losing and growing teeth
go figure :rofl:

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
it is a weird kinda pain. i think i am mildly masochists cos i would bite down on hard objects to get the skin to break and get a whack of pain :s

they have been coming through slowly over the last year.

i'm 22

and single :p

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Ive had 3 of mine removed just havent had as much trouble with the last one for som e reason? hurts like a bitch for cpl days & then I think yeah Ill make an appointment & then it stops & I forget lol.

I got my first one when I was preg with my second too! couldnt take anything either :( & they wouldnt remove it either.

So I ended up getting them removed one by one & to top it off I have a small mouth & my wisdom teeth wanted to stay there! took 5 or 6 local shots in the gum each time & they ended up just doing it with me still feeling it! hhmm maybe thats why Im putting the last one off.... lol

D.

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
I had mine out in high school (92'). They were impacted so didn't have much choice. I was told i "looked like a walrus" afterwards - had two bits of gauze sticking out of my mouth for a while. The anaesthetic knocked me around more than the actual procedure.

E

EllaBella

i had all 4 of mine taken out when i was 19 or 20. i had this thing were they kept coming out, then going back in again. so i was told if they went back in with food or something on them, it would eventually make my gums rot and teeth fall out and all kinds of gross stuff so i got them taken out

dentist actually wanted to take 2 out right then and there and go back 1 week later to get the other 2 taken out...... i just laughed at him and told him there was no way it was getting done without me getting knocked out (id already had 6 teeth taken out when i was in grade 5 or something, and while i didnt mind the actual teeth pulling, i HATED the injections)

but besides a tiny little bit of swelling and some embarassin attempts at trying to eat soup not long after id got home (i had to use a straw in the end) it wasnt too bad (when the stitches start falling out/dissolving its gross tho)

just had to make sure i took my panadene forte exactly every 8 hours though

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I only had 3 and were giving me hell (impaced doing stuff like ellabella's), I had them out when I was about 20.
I got mine out in one shot in the oral surgeons dentists chair, I went there for himt o look at them and he took em out then and there, one was broken out of my jaw but I was only sore for a couple of days my biggest problem was strained jaw muscles I could only open my mount about 5mm for the first 4 days, other than that I was pretty lucky.

Now heres a question for people who had them out what did you eat when you had em out?
I pretty much ate normal food just put it through a blender first. Nothing like having a baked dinner thrown into a blender. It actually tasted very good, texture was off though. Other interesting things I was were blended pizza, fish unblended, blened hotdogs, eggs, and loads of jelly.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
vh-holden said:
i'm 22

and single :p

Lol, for the record, i'm 20 and also single. :p If anyone was wondering, girls don't exactly dig short, overweight 20 year old guys that look about 15, and are unemployed and drive white VZ Commodore Acclaims. :p

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
vkberlina said:
Now heres a question for people who had them out what did you eat when you had em out?

Mmm, seem to remember lots of yoghurt, jelly, yogo, Milo that kind of stuff. Half of which did'nt stay down anyway. I had braces, plates etc for a few years around the same time which limits the choice too.