Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wish-list for a better VE

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
This is my wishlist for a better VE (Not a complaint list)

1. In the digital dash display, it should allow you to toggle the top line between things like outside temperate, inside temperature, Bluetooth caller ID , actual auto gear currently in use and as it does now, the audio controls.

2. Bluetooth should display the caller ID info just like it does in a Lexus.

3. The climate control buttons need to be redesigned and put up higher in the car so they are not hindered by the auto, and so they've much easier to press when driving, remove the knobs and make it all buttons.

4. Back seats need improving, it looks odd at the angle it's on and people absolutely hate trying to get in and out.

5. Get rid out the roof mount antenna and put it in the glass.

6. Improve headlights, especially high beam.

7. Push button start

8. GPS badly needs improving

9. Allow external USB key or media cards to be inserted into stereo

10. Allow more user input / control over features such as the seatbelt chime, the external leave/return lighting etc

11. Heated front seats

12. Suggest next gear (like in Subaru's) when auto is in manual shift mode

13. Let the stereo display mp3 album art with compatible files

I think that's about it.. Anyone else got anything on their wish-list ???

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Ok 5,7,10 I agree with it.

adding onto list..

14. Friggin full size spare as STANDARD

15. Projector headlights on all models (yep I'm aiming high)

16. LSD standard instead as an option with something else.

17. 5 speed auto with the base alloytec

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
They can't do everything at once... And they have to maintain a balance with features vs affordability.

I agree with the antenna and was surprised it wasn't mounted in the rear windscreen when the VE came out.

I also want HID headlights.

I also want to choose what is displayed in each window of the trip computer.

Tyre pressure monitoring (like the put in the G8 export model) would be nice too.

Not to mention price parity. For a fully loaded G8 in the USA it's about $34,000 USD. You do the maths and compare it with a fully loaded SSV.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON

adding onto list..

utes get the full sized spare as standard:)

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Smaller front Wheel arch flares!!!!!! GAWD they are huge!!!

You can put a cup of coffee on it with out it spilling LOL

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0

adding onto list..

15. Projector headlights on all models (yep I'm aiming high)

16. LSD standard instead as an option with something else.

17. 5 speed auto with the base alloytec

Agree with 14 for sure !! I had to source my full size spare on ebay. Saved me $400 so it was well worth it but still, I shouldn't have had to do that.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
They can't do everything at once... And they have to maintain a balance with features vs affordability.

I agree with the antenna and was surprised it wasn't mounted in the rear windscreen when the VE came out.

I also want HID headlights.

I also want to choose what is displayed in each window of the trip computer.

Tyre pressure monitoring (like the put in the G8 export model) would be nice too.

Not to mention price parity. For a fully loaded G8 in the USA it's about $34,000 USD. You do the maths and compare it with a fully loaded SSV.

Tyre pressure monitoring would be excellent, or at least a low pressure alarm in the dash, while we're at it, lets have it tell us when a bulb is out too, or replace the blinkers/brake bulbs with LED's.

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
I would like to see more options. You should be able to option things like climate control and high quality stereo into cars like the sv6. You cant get the 6 with a manual and a decent interior. Simple options like front parking sensors, hid headlights, electric seats etc... Granted it would add alot of complexity but there should be at least a few extra options

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Choice of gearbox across the ENTIRE range would be nice too...

When I bought the VE Calais in November 2006 I was disappointed I couldn't option it with a manual box.

At least HSV are giving owners the option of manual on the Senator later this year :D

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Choice of gearbox should be a simple choice across the whole range...they are all basically the same car.

The spare is a sore point even with Holden dealers...the one here says he is fitting every new Commodore he sells with a full sized matching spare. After looking at the huge deep spare wheel well with the tiny space saver sitting way down in the bottom of it, I don't know why, apart from saving a few bucks, the don't fit normal spares to every car...even a matching size spare with a plain steel wheel would be acceptable, as long as it has the same size and rating of tyre on it as the rest of the car has for safety.

I was honestly surprised that the SV6 doesn't come standard with the 6 disc stereo...however, it does have an auxiliary jack for an ipod, so that isn't so bad.

And a "sports" model like the SV6 not having an LSD standard? Come on...

What do I really like? I like the way they have dropped the price (locally at least) to $39,990 on the road for a manual SV6...that means that now we can fill out the list of options we like...I am pretty close to ordering an SV6 manual in Atomic Metallic color, maybe silver track stripes, 18x8 Challenge wheels, 6 disc stereo, sunroof, and LSD, and still pay what, a month or so back, we would have paid for an on-the-road standard SV6 with only one or two minor options...:thumbsup: