Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

with new wheels comes new tyres :)

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
hey guys,

i am debating to get a set of 18inch Lavinhards. linked below.
Wheels|Mag wheels|rims online|cheap wheels|Cheap Rims

i think they would go great on my black calais V give it a touch of sportyness.

anyhow, i am a big fan of bridgestone. ( dont ask me why i just am) most likely as they were up until recent the OE tyre.

but when looking at the bridgestone website. (below)
Tyre Result - 245/45 R18 --

there are a few premium tyres to choose from but can someone tell me the differences between them all.
the way i see it is tyres is what keeps us on the road. essentially price is thrown out the window.

the S001, RE002 and the RE050A i am looking at.

CALAIS08V8

Scott
Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V V8 60th
Email Bridgestone and ask them ? Usually wear rate , comfort and performance in wet and dry are the big differences.as is price.

Last edited:

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
But don't ever mistake treadwear factor for meaning grip?
Ie: Dunlop sportsmax have a 240 treadwear rating.. While Achilles ATR had 400+.. Achilles got off the line so much better.

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
Email Bridgestone and ask them ? Usually wear rate , comfort and performance in wet and dry are the big differences.as is price.

good idea. the smallest of things you always forget...:hit:

what does everyone think about the wheels in selection?

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Can't tell from the link which Lavinhards you mean but IMHO the machined face 812 would look great on a Calais nd the rest would look tacky.

On the tyres, I've been through three sets of RE050A and am now halfway through an S001 set. The S001 is basically the replacement for the RE050A so you'd expect it to be better, and it basically is - especially in the wet. (looking at them you can see why - huge drainage channels on the S001). I suspect the S001 has a softer sidewall as they feel a little squirmier and arguably steer less precisely, but my SS has 163k on it so it could be other things wearing. Also have double the tread wear rating so should last twice as long in theory; my results so far suggest that's about right.

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
lavinhard_812_gold.jpg
Can't tell from the link which Lavinhards you mean but IMHO the machined face 812 would look great on a Calais nd the rest would look tacky.

On the tyres, I've been through three sets of RE050A and am now halfway through an S001 set. The S001 is basically the replacement for the RE050A so you'd expect it to be better, and it basically is - especially in the wet. (looking at them you can see why - huge drainage channels on the S001). I suspect the S001 has a softer sidewall as they feel a little squirmier and arguably steer less precisely, but my SS has 163k on it so it could be other things wearing. Also have double the tread wear rating so should last twice as long in theory; my results so far suggest that's about right.

thanks for your contribution. i was thinking these if the link will work...

Wheels|Mag wheels|rims online|cheap wheels|Cheap Rims