Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wk Caprice

waz57

Reaction score
Members Ride
wk caprice
Hi all I have a 2004 caprice and it has the audio control on the steering wheel, my question is does anyone have a diagram on how to remove or what to remove to replace the whole harness and switches please, as I don't want to go breaking anything.

Thanks

Wazza:hmmm:

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Glad it was not a 'How to install after market H/u in one' - I am sicking of explaining that!

However, What are you trying to achieve? Remove them or replace?

waz57

Reaction score
Members Ride
wk caprice
I have broken two buttons and I just want to remove and then replace the whole thing

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
4 screws behind the steering wheel for the airbag - take that off
then coupla screws for the steering wheel controls.. either side and a small plug in behind the airbag...

waz57

Reaction score
Members Ride
wk caprice
Someone said to me I have to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes first ?

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
4 screws behind the steering wheel for the airbag - take that off
then coupla screws for the steering wheel controls.. either side and a small plug in behind the airbag...

They are not screws. There will be four holes so to speak behind the airbag, Each will have a metal locking bar. You have to use a small flat head, To pry it accross until it clicks out. It's a little tricky, But easy enough once you get the feel for how it releases.

Once off, You will have to discconect the earth i think, And the plug to the Clock spring. It's probably easier to remove the whole steering wheel at this point, As the steering wheel control wires run behind the plastic spokes of the steering wheel. Once removed it's very easy to see whats happening.

As for the battery, Just disconnect your airbag fuse.