Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL Stereo in executive

pau13z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6L
I believe the head unit will fit, should just slide in, and the connectors should be the same, but you have to remember you'll only be able to view the audio info etc. on your instrument cluster, because the WL stereo has no LCD.

MayhemOfHell

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WL Caprice V8 LS1
Here is the pinout which should also be on the unit you plan on using.
If the old harness has the Uart/uart2 or one of them. You may get the dash display?
This is what sends the commands to the display

phoStereoPinout.jpg

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
The key difference is 12 speakers vs. 4/6 speakers as well as DVD (if you get the full unit). Yes, it will work - just consider if you want to use all the capabilities.

bradleyfbaker2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks guys, I picked up a WL stereo today but when I plugged it in it made cd changing noises for a while, and when I turned ACC on I entered in the PIN but the unit did not turn on

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Iv found that the radio stays "unlocked" until put into another car as the pin is saved in radio and the car, if they dont match, radio asks for pin. My original radio works out of car and in but once its been put into another car, it asks for pin. Could be the same thing, but iv never messed with a WL unit.. could be too cool for a pin code? ha