Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL sunroof malfunction?

WL2005HBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 WL Statesman HBD
Hi everyone,

My sunroof (think its the Hollandia 700, factory option) is playing up as of yesterday.
The 1 and 2 buttons are acting as open/close respectively, and all other buttons are not functioning at all.
What could it be? The mechanism seems to be 100% ok.
If its the switch, easy fix. Otherwise I'm not sure?

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Try pull out the fuse for the sunroof to reset everything related and see if that works.

Mine has a up and down arrow and 1 2 C buttons.

Use the arrows to set your desired sunroof position then to prorgram to memory press and hold the position 1 button till it beeps or for several secs.
Then choose a sec position then program it using number two button.

Cheers
Dave.

whSuper

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
I’m having the opposite problem! My arrow buttons are working, but my preset (1, 2 & c) buttons aren’t operating at all.
I’ve tried pulling the fuse, but nothing! I wouldn’t worry too much, except you have to guess when it’s properly closed. Since setting the presets, I never used the arrow buttons

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
No not as yet.
Press 1 and roof slides open .
Press 2 to tilt.
Only problem is that the C button (close) doesn't work.
So either press 1 when tilted and try to stop before going past close position and starts sliding back.
Or press 2 when open and again try and stop before it starts tilting.
My savior is that the roof closes properly when I switch off engine and open door.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
press and hold down one of the arrow buttons until it goes into that position fully and keep it held down until your hear a beep (it will come from the sunroof motor) then press and hold the opposite arrow button and keep it held down until your hear a beep again, do this a few times back and forth and it might clear the memory, then just reprogram the positions. this normally works if i have an issue

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
I know nothing about the model but in terms of the malfunction, I'd be inclined to spray contact cleaner (not WD40) into the switch in case it's just dirty contacts.