Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM Caprice headrest screen not working.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Yesterday I went for a drive with my brother and had to put the passenger seat back cos I am 6'6.

Now the passenger seat LCD screen isn't working and it was last known to be working about a week before that.

Does anyone have any idea if moving the seat would have caused it and if so how to fix it?

It's not here so I can't see or try anything but I can tell him if anyone knows what's likely to be the problem or solution.

Thanks.

envyit

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv wm grange
I had problem with my grange and had to replace screen cost a little over $1000

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
The problem was the screen itself?

I don't think moving the seat would have caused any damage to the actual screen, I was thinking along the lines of wiring but I guess it could be the screen.

envyit

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv wm grange
They're a ticking time bomb lol you just don't know when they're going to go i got a mate who has a wm grange also and he's didn't work the day he picked it up from the dealer that was both screen

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
The screen in my WM Caprice just stopped working one day.

Local dealer quoted me $1300 for the screen alone.

It's still broke....

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Could have pinched a wire or pulled it out when you moved the chair. Check all the wires are intact.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
operator error :)

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
There's a plug at the base of the seat near the left front of the rail. Check that this is still in place.There are also a couple of plugs inside the headrest, which are a bugger to get to. If it is a loose conenction, maybe try moving the headrest all the way down, and moving the seat forward and backwards to see if it works again, or is intermittent.

Both screens in my WM have stopped working, but I suspect it's an issue with the DVD player itself than the screens. A little ironic that I can buy an ipad each for my kids cheaper than the cost of one replacement DVD screen!

oli

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm Grange
Gents
Both my screens failed.. (never used it ).. but by sheer luck i had a flatt battery (battery Drain issue) had the car jum started and now the screens \ dvd player works.It appears like a computer it needed a power reset.. and the only full way of resetting was a flatt battery...
Now the battery drain isssue is another story
Cheers
Oliver