Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wm statesman/caprice s1 to s2 iq touch screen upgrade

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
To bring it into perspective, the computer cost me about $350 to build. Nothing fancy needed for a car.. its just to listen to music and play videos. spent about $70 converting the S1 screen to touch screen and around $300 for the VIM mod.

nowhere near as expensive as the IQ system, and no need for further programming (other than the VIM kit)

david g

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM series 1 Caprice 6lt.
Hey
I can't find the information I need on this topic. I have a s1 wm statesman and I want to upgrade it to the s2 iq touch screen. Unlike the ve the dash for the wm iq s2 and s1 are the same.
So could this be as simple as a swap?
Cheers
Hi , i want to do the same. i have a series 1 WMcaprice, i purchased a series 2 iq unit today out of a Caprice. does anyone know if it is a straight forward fit??. How did you go with yours??
Reagrds
David

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I would double check the pin outs on the main plug.

david g

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM series 1 Caprice 6lt.
Hi , i want to do the same. i have a series 1 WMcaprice, i purchased a series 2 iq unit today out of a Caprice. does anyone know if it is a straight forward fit??. How did you go with yours??
Regards
David
Thanks for all the advice guys.
There doesn't seem to be much information out there in regards to upgrading a series 1 caprice to a IQ unit. Im getting very conflicting information. My original unit is a Bose and have been told by some that the series 2 must be a Bose also. They seem to be hard to find or are not clearly branded with the Bose logo. The unit I purchased is out of a series 2 Caprice but not sure if it was a "V". The unit is not marked Bose. Tried googling the part numbers but noting comes up.
Has anyone actually carried out this mod in a series 1 Caprice. is there anyone in Adelaide that can do the pin lock thing ?
regards.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Hi david g - how did you go with this? I have a S1 WM Caprice with a dying head unit (it has stopped playing CDs) so I'm looking at whether to replace it with the same version unit or to try to upgrade it.