Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM/VE no start issue..complicated lol

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep SRT8, WM Caprice, VE Wagon
Hey guys, well Its time to reach out and see if anyone has a better idea than I on this issue, I'm getting tunnel vision and its become a pian in the ass! Much detail as I can in here hoping its something stupid..

Basics at the beginning: 07 WM with L98, dual fuel car, dropped lifter, mech damage, rebuilding that block for another car, bought a 2010 L76, known runner for transplant.
Swapped valley plate/oil pressure switch and intake manifold/TB setup for LPG from the L98 etc
For reference, all Original ECM/BCM/Key..
Motor was dropped in and everything put back together.....No cranking!

Next steps: had the laptop plugged in by tuner he stated antitheft was active, unknown reason, shut that off to get it cranking. Cranks, however no injector pulse, no spark, no fuel. Checked CAS, wiring had been pinched and stripped when they fitted starter motor back in, replaced CAS with known good one, and repaired wiring. Also found broken earth on rear passenger head, fixed that also. All fuses check out in bay and kick panel. 12v and ground at fuel pump relay but no ecm signal to prime or run.

Now the Safety Mode active/ Reduced power/ Stability ctrl error/ ABS error all display on cluster.

Basic obd reader logged P0122 and P0223, along with a body code which I didn't record something bizarre like BA222??? All cleared apart from the two TPS/PPS codes staying active. Wiring loom seems ok at TB and pedal is plugged in all looks good. But I didn't envision either of those stopping engine from starting at least??

At this point I'm open to suggestions and advice..we are scratching our heads..

I read an old post of Riceys? regarding voltages/grounds at ecm ill endeavour to run meter over that in next two days if I get chance before work, but after that I'm flying blind guys, any input appreciated! :)

Cheers
Todd

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
P0122

The ECM detects that the TP sensor 1 voltage is less than 0.325 volt for more than 200 milliseconds

P0223

The ECM detects that the TP sensor 2 voltage is more than 4.59 volts for more than 200 milliseconds.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
sorry miss read, should just work if the original ecu bcm and TB were used, it may need a crank relearn if that hasnt been done because of the different engine

Last edited:

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Ricey, thanks man, yeah I looked into what parameters would log those DTCs cheers mate. Still lost as to where to go next, is there any voltages/grounds I need to look at in TB/Pedal wiring that help indicate whether its that or ecm mate?

07GTS, yeah mate as I said above I'm using original ecm, bcm, key, tb etc but no go :(

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
changed other post, but should just work if the original ecu bcm and TB were used, it may need a crank relearn if that hasnt been done because of the different engine

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
What voltages are sensors showing at rest?

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
TPS sensors Ricey? unsure as yet I will get to the car on weekend and run the meter over everything myself. Thought id reach out and see if there was any particular sensors and voltagesetc I need to look at. flying blind, no manual or wiring diagram

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ill give relearn a go on weekend but didn't think that would be an issue seeing as it was just the motor itself changed hey?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah TPS sensors, scan tool doesnt show data?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
2h4gh7n.jpg