Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WN Caprice New owner

dingoanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice
Hi I am a new new member having just purchased at auction an ex Qld Govt ministerial 2013 WN Caprice.
I like the car but it does have a couple of Issues.
My wife complains of difficulty getting in and out because of the height of the car.
I have noticed that the cars ride is a bit harsh and it is is liable to skitter and jump when pushed on secondary bitumen roads.
I would appreciate any constructive comments (changing the wife is not a viable solution)
I am considering changing to a smaller rim diameter to increase sidewalls in an effort to soften the ride and reduce skitter.
I am also considering the possibility of compressor supported suspension mods to raise the vehicle for entry and exit.
Cheers

jeepyrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW 535D, VR V6 Ute
Obvious check is the tyre pressures, but If its skipping on bumps, get the alignment checked (4 wheel alignment) by a reputable suspension place. My VE senator had a horrific problem when new of tramlining and feeling like the whole damn car would jump sideways and skipping about on bumps...of course the dealer didn't care. Proper suspension place sorted out the wheel alignment (was the rear alignment out of wack) and problem was solved.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
My Nephew just sold his WM Caprice, he was always commenting on how hard the car rode, he said his previous WH Caprice had a much better ride.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Caprice was always the sporty Statesman. Now they no longer make Statesman, the Caprice is still tuned like a sportscar, which not everyone wants. Nice car though.

dingoanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice
Hi Brettly-2008
I think that is the meat of it ... perhaps I'll get used to it as time goes on ... bit disconcerting at first though.

dingoanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice
Hi Jeepyrocks
Yeah I've had it all checked and all is spot on .. just a feature of the car I guess.