Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Women better at parking than men - study

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
No insurance company claims that. Insurance companies operate on risk assessment. If men are involved in more road incidents than women (which they are) then men are a higher risk for insurance companies. Doesn't mean men are worse drivers.

I would've imagined it was the other way around. I know a fair few ladies who've trashed several cars... but then again...

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
I would've imagined it was the other way around. I know a fair few ladies who've trashed several cars... but then again...

i know of 2 young women that are complete shockers there cars look like stevie wonder has just driven it:axe:

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Wow great study, sounds very scientific. You could just as easily get the same data taken and design the criteria and weightings to make men achieve a higher score and reach the opposite conclusion to your study

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
No insurance company claims that. Insurance companies operate on risk assessment. If men are involved in more road incidents than women (which they are) then men are a higher risk for insurance companies. Doesn't mean men are worse drivers.

i would say its because men are normally driving when with the family (or going out with partner/wife/missus)
i would also say more men drive greater distances (eg tradies)
its all facts and figures, and men do drive more in %. its not rocket science =P

i would rather a test on what % of each gender can do general car maintenance, change a tyre, drive and back a trailer. and other various activities.
but hell its england they tested in. you could just walk quicker over there! =P

the problem with "scientific" studies are that its a select group of people.
no wonder those guys sucked at it... the rest of them were probably doing something half decent with their time.

Shedvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary Commodore
Its like anything...the more you practice the better you become. I never used to be able to reverse park..I hated it. Then one time on the main road in Newcastle I tried and a bus came right up behind me honking and carrying on. It annoyed me so much so I decided to practice until I got it right. Now its the only way I park. What annoys me is that people dont expect you to park that way...so they come flying up behind you and either leave you no room, or they steal your spot.
I think both males and females can be good at parking or bad at parking. Its not a gender issue.
As for males so called "pose" parking pfft what a load of crap lol. Maybe some...but most people who value their car, care about where they park.
Speaking for myself I always look before I park. I suss out the car next to me and if its not looked after I know they are going to just throw their door open, and not care what they hit. My kids have been trained to not do that, mainly for my car to be kept in good nic. Its just respectful.
I never park near trolley bays either.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Agree 100% with shedvl, its nothing to do with whether youre male or female, it all comes down to practice. Personally I park a friggin mile away at the shops so some asshat doesnt hit my car while parking or opening their doors. As for reverse parking its always a good laugh watching people screw it up repeatedly :p

Shedvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary Commodore
i think they screwed up the info......ive NEVER seen a decent chick drive
they may pass their test but confidence and ability to drive with it is lacking ,
then again the missus cleans better then me, i clean up soon as i use a dish ,

EACH TO THEIR OWN ON THIS ONE

So you have never seen a decent chick drive...or a chick drive decently lol.... hmm I say bullshit to both lol:blah blah:

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Maybe they need to talk to the lady that backed into my ute yesterday she might be able to park just cant get out of a car park lol.