Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worries/Problems of Alloytec 190

VZCALAIS190

Reaction score
Members Ride
Barbados Mica VZ Calais
Hey guys i've got a few worries hoping someone can help me out, might be a lengthy one so just bare with me!

First and the most of my worries, a couple days ago while i was removing the intake pipe off the TB to get to the water pump easier i found a decent amount of engine oil which had supposedly came through the oil breather connection on the intake pipe. I noticed the oil that was there was really dark seemed like it was from the previous service as i only serviced it 2 weeks ago and oil on the dip stick is much cleaner. Raised a few concerns though i'm not sure if the breather tube should be spitting out oil in the alloytecs or in any engine really?

Second, i have noticed the revs on idle is not steady (watching the needle on the dash) it seems to slightly move up and down close to a miss, thought this may have been from the spark plugs so i changed them but nothing changed.

Also i've reliased a weird noise like something electric closing and opening when slowing down to a speed hump, if i give i accelerate really lightly for a second it makes a noise as if something electric is opening guessing it may be the TB as its electric but just want to make sure :)

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
the electric sort of clicking opening and shutting noise (if it's what i think you're talking about) is your TB. Mine has always done the same.

It's fairly common to have oil coming through your breather pipe, though thick black oil is never a good thing, it "may" indicate lack of oil changes previously.
Probably nothing major.

The rough idle is generally not a good thing, but there could be a number of causes.
a Coil breaking down, or oxygen sensors failing are probably the most common. a Good mechanic with a proper diagnostics tool should be able to plug in and work it out

VZCALAIS190

Reaction score
Members Ride
Barbados Mica VZ Calais
Thanks for your advice bud really appreciated, will stop by mechanics and get it scanned. Cheers!