Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

would pacemaker exstractors make that much of a diference?

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
ive been quoted $950 fitted for a new 2 &1/2 inch straight through exhuast with a set of pace makers for the vs eco and was wondering if they would make that much of a diference power/economy wise ? cheers

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Economy wise not really. Nothing really noticable. Power wise they should make a difference, whether or not its worth the money is up to you. It really depends on what you want to get out of the car.

well as ive said in other posts im looking at getting something newer soon (next six months) and was considering to use the calais as a trade in but my wife wants to keep the car for herself so she can get around and she was thinking about getting some extractors for it but i dont know if i can see if its going to be worth a grand in bang for your buck power upgrade ??

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
as far as "bang for your buck" extractors and exhausts arent that great. they make the car SOUND like its really tough and fast, but the gains (and losses!) arent that noticable.
for that same $1k you could have some trick 1.97 roller rockers fitted which WILL see substantial gains for a stock car.
but then the argument is that to see the best possible gains from the roller rockers you would want a good exhaust to compliment....so yeah, hard to justify for the cost of the extractors+exhaust, but necessary if your planning on doing some other mods and want the best gains.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
as far as "bang for your buck" extractors and exhausts arent that great. they make the car SOUND like its really tough and fast, but the gains (and losses!) arent that noticable.
for that same $1k you could have some trick 1.97 roller rockers fitted which WILL see substantial gains for a stock car.
but then the argument is that to see the best possible gains from the roller rockers you would want a good exhaust to compliment....so yeah, hard to justify for the cost of the extractors+exhaust, but necessary if your planning on doing some other mods and want the best gains.

yeah true i will have to think but will probably save the money and use the car as a trade in!

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
nah just get a second hand exhause and a used pair of extractors for somethgin like $350 out of the trading post that are all rusted. spend an afternoon cleaninf them up and painting them and then fit them or get them fitted. extractors and a peice of piss to fit and exhaust is a bit harder if you dont have stands. you need to weld a flange to your cat too.

i think the vs cat is welded to the engine pipe... anyone correct me?

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
nah just get a second hand exhause and a used pair of extractors for somethgin like $350 out of the trading post that are all rusted. spend an afternoon cleaninf them up and painting them and then fit them or get them fitted. extractors and a peice of piss to fit and exhaust is a bit harder if you dont have stands. you need to weld a flange to your cat too.

i think the vs cat is welded to the engine pipe... anyone correct me?

yeah might not be a bad idea might have a llok through the trader:thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Most of the extractors to fit the ecotec have flanges with them that need to be welded onto the pipes just in front of the cat. If you get a s/h set try to get the cat section as well, that way no welding is required. Fitting the exhaust is generally easier than the extractors if you have ramps or stands.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
If you do decide to get rid of the calais don't trade it in. Trade in you'd be lucky to get $3000 no matter how many k's on the clock. Sell it privately online and you might get $5000 or $6000 depening on the year, model, k's and condition