Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Written off VT wagon

AlpineRaven

Reaction score
That looks like it's gone head first into a light pole at about 70km/h to me..... >_>

Is the car still licensed or have you handed in the plates?

Tree...
Nah the plates are still on the commodore, will deal with it next week.
Insurance - they wont because it was off surface and no driver was involved and no one to blame (also there is more beyond that but too much to explain).
Cheers
AP

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Take the time to explain it, so we all know whats going on.

ImAHoon!

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Camry?
if its got full comp, it should be covered.

even if he did drive it into a light pole at 70k's :) lol

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Well that means the car won't be listed as an official write-off. If you want to get it back on the road, it is possible.

What you will need to do is buy another front end and engine. I would recommend looking for a VT or VX that is a write-off (even statutory will be fine) but only with rear or side damage. Then you'll need to transplant the entire front end and engine over. As long as you keep the same VIN and the vehicle is roadworthy you'll be OK.

It will probably cost you $2,500 if you do as much of the work as possible yourself. Try to get a white car to avoid painting panels and then you can sell parts you don't need to re-coop some of your costs. Sell parts of the engine from the wagon (don't sell someone that engine), sell the interior off the donor car, dash, BCM, transmission, doors, trims ect ect. You should be able to make at least $1,500 back.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
If his from Victoria he might not get away with cut and shut. They are againts it now. But if he avoids the VIV he should be fine. But that will be hard to avoid.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
If his from Victoria he might not get away with cut and shut. They are againts it now. But if he avoids the VIV he should be fine. But that will be hard to avoid.

As long as the car is in the same condition it was in before the accident there shouldn't be a problem. That's why I suggested replacing the entire front end and engine instead of salvaging as much as possible.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Holy crap, that looks like it fell off a cliff, not rolled down a hill, if it weren't for the air bag not going off I would have said BS. That car is history, unless it was really low KM's part it out on e-bay or similar, if it was low KM's buy a good rolling shell and make one good car (if you have the tools / skill)

TOX1K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
Man that car is a mess.... Silly mistake :(

OzCarParts

Oz Car Parts
Reaction score
Website
www.ozcarparts.com.au
Members Ride
Commodores, Commodores & more Commodores...
If your RHS engine mount is torn, and by looking at that impact - I can tell you from my experience that 110% your brothers car has got a bent crossmember.

I'd take the $7K and deliver the wreck on a silver platter to the salvage yard.

He should be cheering! You can get VY wagons for almost $7K in Sydney...

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
As long as the car is in the same condition it was in before the accident there shouldn't be a problem. That's why I suggested replacing the entire front end and engine instead of salvaging as much as possible.
But if the reg has dropped he in for the whole thing the hard way.