Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTB fabricated replacement panels

88-SERIES200

Reaction score
Members Ride
rb30det VL wagon project, VL series 200
Hi i'm looking for someone preferably from queensland that can make me up a couple of replacement panels from some sheet metal.

I've pulled the windscreen out of my vl wagon and it is rusted out badly through the cowl panel, both front pillars and also along the roofline where the windscreen sits in. it is only the top skin that is gone.

So i'll need 3 panels. 2 front pillar panels from about halfway into the middle of the pillar to under where the screen sits (where the spot welds are) and one long panel for where the windscreen sits along the roofline.
I have some measurements and wire templates also.

I did find an old guy who said he would do it but he ****ed me around for months before i ended up walking in and he started then and there, then he showed it to me next to the template and it was no where near close enough to factory so that the screen would seal correctly. not only that but it didnt even keep that same bend the whole way down the panel and there where extra bends where he ****ed it up. Needless to say, it was not going to fit. The old prick didnt give a **** either and was very rude..

Anyone know of someone who can knock these up to be the right shape for a reasonable price?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
best bet would be to find a good wreck to cut them out of least you know theyll fit

88-SERIES200

Reaction score
Members Ride
rb30det VL wagon project, VL series 200
best bet would be to find a good wreck to cut them out of least you know theyll fit

that would involve replacing the entire pillar and i dont know how i would go with that.. the winscreen area is made up of a bottom skin a middle skin and a top skin which are all pinch/spot welded together. ive just cut out the top skin from under where the screen seat up to half way through the axis of the pillar.
I have another vl i could cut the pillar out of but thats the last resort as that shell is for sale and for now i have a buyer for it.