Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF is going on around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
ok maybe it's just me, but doesn't anybody else think it's a bit weird how this triox fella has just come along and started having a go at the moderators... i'd like to know how everybody else feels about this...
i haven't been a member for very long myself, but hell the admins and mods run this site, as professional and friendly as it is, and i think they deserve credit for that

triox, accept it. you're posting in a site that is run by people with minds. they have decided how they want to run the site and what kind of an image they want for it, both public and among the members. so i think i speak for most JC members when i say stick it, mate, let the admins and the mods do their thing. if you have a real problem with the way these guys do things, do us a favour and **** off.

i've said what i think, don't cut me down for it.
after all, free speech and all that..

N

nathanb

well put savage1987... i'm not the most proficient poster on this forum but i have been a member for a while and i appreciate all the work the admins and mods do to keep these forums running, it's hard to strike a balance between what different people want but they do a good job overall. unfortunately no matter what they do there will always be critics...

R

rattattack1313

my family, myself and my friends are all on Julies side.......it is an awesome job they are doing, our Mods.......and having had the pleasure of getting to know a few of them over the last few months, am quite proud to have them as my new friends.....and am more than happpy to abide by their rules......draconian??? I don't think so....... many rounds of applause for the Mods, everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I really don't know what else to add here that hasn't been already.

Search some of the other forums and tell me whether you have members stating land speed records or even better find one which condones street racing, breaking speed records etc. I dare say you will hard pressed to find one for reasons pointed out previously in this thread.

I don't know about the rest of the states but here in SA the road toll is shocking enough, I personally don't want to come on here to find a member has killed him or herself because they were influenced by a post about someone winding their Commodore off the clock. I would feel somewhat responsible for letting that post be read by 'x' amount of people and that one person killed themselves attempting to beat it.

Sure speed in my view is a contributing factor in accidents but they never mention about other factors such a very poor road conditions which we do suffer a huge amount here in SA. They are quite happy to blame speed and inattention because they can so very easily.

It's like anything, I don't like road rules yet we ALL have to abide by them whether we like it or not, if I don't like them it's stiff on my behalf as nothing I say is going to change any of them.

If an officer were to pull you over in the city with an unregistered car, drink driving etc they won't give you a smile and let you go on your way they will throw the book at you, that sort of stuff happens in country towns not cities.

Out of the posters within this thread thus far there is a single person who has a problem so I don't see how a poll is going to change anything as the results are very clear cut as it currently stands.

I really don't know how to put this into words in the nicest possible way but here goes, in short we make the rules if you don't like them cya later.

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
rattattack1313 said:
my family, myself and my friends are all on Julies side.......it is an awesome job they are doing, our Mods.......and having had the pleasure of getting to know a few of them over the last few months, am quite proud to have them as my new friends.....and am more than happpy to abide by their rules......draconian??? I don't think so....... many rounds of applause for the Mods, everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ditto if any speeding should be done it SHOULD be done in a controled enviroment eg. dragway ,speedway ok yes you may dig up a thread with me stating i did some speed but i have had several yrs of defence driving, iv done 5 yrs of speedway ( modified street sedans {dont kill me it was a AU Tickford ford whaaa } and my father is a retired sargent of transport so iv been driving since i was 3 ( i think or it may of been 4 ) BUT i dont not say the speeding is right i am saying i have some experience that these young shitheads that have never gotten behing a wheel befor get there licence 2 days later there ither dead or theve lost there licence due to speeding and doin stupid things not knowin what there car is goin to do ( basicly they will have no idea how there car is goin to react when they do a drift or somethin like that) yes i may give it a pin in a local area but will proberly never go over 70ks as its to dangerous, ok as you may read i have done somethin stupid to involving a ford following me i did this on the nulobour straight where it has unlimited speed limits and as it was 2 in the morinin there was no one on the road ( like there is anyrate lol ). i say leave the mods alone as they are doin a bloody excerlent job at keeping JC alive

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Triox:

I agree with everything Julie has stated in her replies to you. I have been a member of this forum for over 18 months now, and I applaud the efforts of the admin team and moderators.

This is a site designed for enthusiasts to gather and discuss their cars, get ideas for modifications and ask advice etc. Just because one has a modified car does not mean the owner will drive illegally on the streets - most save it for the track.

The last thing we need is people on here trying to outdo each other. For example if someone where to say post an mpeg of themself speeding/doing burnouts with a spiel saying how fast/good their car is, you can bet your bottom dollar someone else will go out on the weekend armed with a camera and attempt to prove their machine is better - which could easily result in an accident, at worst the loss of a life. Do we want to sit here and feel responsible for that, instead of nipping it in the bud and deleting the post immediately? I think it is paramount we support and promote safe driving practices on the roads.

C.

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
Sashyre said:
Just because one has a modified car does not mean the owner will drive illegally on the streets - most save it for the track.

yeah right :rofl:

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
spacattack said:
ditto if any speeding should be done it SHOULD be done in a controled enviroment eg. dragway ,speedway ok yes you may dig up a thread with me stating i did some speed but i have had several yrs of defence driving, iv done 5 yrs of speedway ( modified street sedans {dont kill me it was a AU Tickford ford whaaa } and my father is a retired sargent of transport so iv been driving since i was 3 ( i think or it may of been 4 ) BUT i dont not say the speeding is right i am saying i have some experience that these young shitheads that have never gotten behing a wheel befor get there licence 2 days later there ither dead or theve lost there licence due to speeding and doin stupid things not knowin what there car is goin to do ( basicly they will have no idea how there car is goin to react when they do a drift or somethin like that) yes i may give it a pin in a local area but will proberly never go over 70ks as its to dangerous, ok as you may read i have done somethin stupid to involving a ford following me i did this on the nulobour straight where it has unlimited speed limits and as it was 2 in the morinin there was no one on the road ( like there is anyrate lol ). i say leave the mods alone as they are doin a bloody excerlent job at keeping JC alive

im not trying to have a go at you but just because you have had more experience doesnt give you the right to speed either. No matter how much experience or trianing you have had driving a vehicle somehting can always go wrong out of your control.

But yes i do agree if your going to race or drag people do it on the tracks not on the public road.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Time to close this thread up I think, as far as I can see the original issue brought up by troy711 has been resolved, as have the subsequent issues. It's starting to go off topic now, if anyone wises to discuss further the issues of safe driving, please start a new thread in the relevent forum.

Oh, just a quick note for triox if you are still around, looks like the members have spoken for themselves hey? ;)

1 last thing, I just want to remind people if they see any threads on this forum involving street racing, speeding or any other illegal stupid behaviour to please report the post so we can get onto it asap.

Thanks, Julie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.