Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF is Happening with JC?

J

johhny

new to site, read Forum Rules, read this thred, seems not fair,rules say no illegal things like burnouts etc tolerated, and this airstrike did brake rules, and is a mod still.weird standards in this place i get banned for posting in here do i?

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Well, a final decision has been made.

Just before I do start I have read through this thread and happy to leave it here as mentioned previously, after all any feedback is welcome and I try hard to be fair so I would like to hear everything humanly possible.

Sorry about the lateness, I was battling an internet connection going up / down all last night which prevented me from posting this up sooner, prior to that I was in negotiation mode in an attempt to change Ratt's mind but it seems we were unable to bring out a favourable outcome.

This is going to be unpopular but unfortunately I have to wear it no matter what happens as you will probably understand reading further on.

Where did this all begin? How could we forget what happened on the Victorian cruise, there were huge screw ups and as an end result punishment was dished out, Airstrike was demoted from Admin for a nominated period set by the team namely myself, Garth and Ray (12VoltKing) with some well limited discussion with other moderators.

Upon AirStrike's return to Moderator which I agreed to upon completion of the ban period, we all screw up and his word not to do it again was enough for me. I have never met Dave personally but he has grown with the site since it came about and would like to consider him a mate for life along with all the other moderators and even members on the site. He would have been the first or very close to it moderator to join JC back in the infancy stages and has stuck at it to build himself up to a standard of Administrator before letting us and himself down with activities he regrets everyday I am sure.

Anyway, upon his return Ratt was going on about double standards which still to this day I am attempting to figure out where this comes about and that it was unfair and / or morally wrong that AirStrike had regained the moderator position which was clearly an Administrator decision in the end, although we did take Moderator comments on board at the time there was nothing to indicate that this shouldn't have happened at the time until after he was re-instated.

Obviously, this has a mixed re-action and not everyone is happy about but in my eye's I am on the lookout for what's best for the site and he does a good job. I have had my share of stouches with mods but all in all it's nothing which hasn't been able to be resolved easily and painlessly. I have a lot of faith in the current moderator team, sure there is always room for improvement as demonstrated recently in 'the mod' thread and they will be dealt as seperate matters on a case by case basis. Any feedback will be taken on board and dealt with accordingly, given the circumstances I feel they do a damn good job, as those who experienced a similar role of similar size it's not an easy task and you can't be around 24/7. The current mod team has demonstrated I do not need to be around 24/7 breathing down their necks, I give them plenty of room to express themselves without being shot down in a wall of flames and I find that works really well so I will stick to this method unless any objections come forward.

Despite what happened in the placement of Dave back into moderatorship I can certainly agree now this perhaps wasn't the best decision I have ever made but I am no indian giver so until it's said otherwise Dave will remain a moderator much to the disgust or some past and present members.

I am not perfect and I don't pretend to be, if anyone thinks they are you would be kidding yourself right? I made mistakes, I am no different to anyone else on this forum other than being of the larger frame variety but we have to learn from out mistakes and move on not drag on what should have happened.

Anyway, fast forward things a few days / weeks and we have completely gotten out of hand with constant bickering between mods and a few of the Anti-Dave fans posting direct attacks at him.

After a number of chances to correct the chaos which has been caused all bar 1 mod (Ratt) was happy to forget about it and move on like we have in the past when something unfortunate has occurred.

Upon contacting Ratt in an attempt to talk about what has been happening I was clearly given the ultimatum on quite a few occasions of either de-modding Dave or he was out and never to return, this can even be contributed as back far as the 'P-Plater Thread in The Pub' which of course you have the older know it all versus the younger know it all which is a volatile mix as it would seem.

Now, as you could imagine this was not a decision I could easily make as I highly respect and regard both members of the team until the next set of events unfolded.

Instead of thinking things were beginning to get back to normal, certain death threats were made against multiple moderators which triggered alarm bells and something needed to happen immediately. For very obvious reasons I could not let this lie down nor would anyone else in my position. I have spoken to the police raising my concerns on these threats and forwarded them the required evidence as per their request so should any text type action take place they are at least aware of them.

As an end result Ratt would not come to any form of compromise other than if Dave was de-modded he would come back, he seemed to be set in his ways despite different solutions being put forward so he had to go instead of dragging the morale of the moderators and administrators down even further to what already had been a trying few months or so.

It is a shame to see it come to an end like this, Ratt was and is a very valuable member and I still regard him as that, it's just unfortunate we were unable to come to a mutual agreement, however, it's not like we didn't try.

I hope this clears everything up and give you all an insight of what has transpired recently instead of hearing rumours. I would add quotes of some description from the Admin / Mod Section which we discuss things such as these but I fear it may very well spark more heated treatment than what it already has or about to.

We understand that this is going to leave a great big hole and hurt in someways even, but already there are measures in place and a few things I want to see happen so lets hope we can tackle these in the very short term and get back to our normal happy days and continue moving on forward.

Cheers
Darren

kurtbarker

Reaction score
Darren, as I think you can gather I don't really like this situation, but that was one hell of a good speech.

You said something about when dave went to moderator after his ban period... how long was he banned for?

personally I think if I was given the option of someone that directly broke the rules at an official cruise where the police got involved, or the rat himself, well, you guyz can figure out which i'd go.

Anyway I still don't back you the decisions of admin 100%, but everyone is gunna miss rat. I didn't realise he wasn't coming back... I can't really blame him, but it still sucks.

Thanks for the explanation Darren

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Thanks for the explanation Darren. You have certainly had a lot to deal with the past few days and in my opinion your handling of it and the posts have been in a mature fashion.

However it still begs the question of why you would even consider letting back a guy who broke the law whilst on a cruise representing this site in the first place? You say yourself you don't know him personally, yet took his word he was sorry! That is ludicrous. Ban schman. He should have been booted off the site and the door slammed on him never to return.

I appreciate you made a decision to allow him back, and I hope that you all realise how wrong that was now. In your situation I would be an indian giver figuring 'it's my site and this is what the members want' but I respect your decision.

As others have said, he should do the honourable thing after reading how members of this forum have no trust in him and leave of his own accord. You may be a mod airstrike, but people here don't respect you anymore.

C.

warney

did you say bukakki party
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL skid car what else are they built to do
couldnt remember the bitches name

Darren said:
Well, a final decision has been made.

Just before I do start I have read through this thread and happy to leave it here as mentioned previously, after all any feedback is welcome and I try hard to be fair so I would like to hear everything humanly possible.

Sorry about the lateness, I was battling an internet connection going up / down all last night which prevented me from posting this up sooner, prior to that I was in negotiation mode in an attempt to change Ratt's mind but it seems we were unable to bring out a favourable outcome.

This is going to be unpopular but unfortunately I have to wear it no matter what happens as you will probably understand reading further on.

Where did this all begin? How could we forget what happened on the Victorian cruise, there were huge screw ups and as an end result punishment was dished out, Airstrike was demoted from Admin for a nominated period set by the team namely myself, Garth and Ray (12VoltKing) with some well limited discussion with other moderators.

Upon AirStrike's return to Moderator which I agreed to upon completion of the ban period, we all screw up and his word not to do it again was enough for me. I have never met Dave personally but he has grown with the site since it came about and would like to consider him a mate for life along with all the other moderators and even members on the site. He would have been the first or very close to it moderator to join JC back in the infancy stages and has stuck at it to build himself up to a standard of Administrator before letting us and himself down with activities he regrets everyday I am sure.

Anyway, upon his return Ratt was going on about double standards which still to this day I am attempting to figure out where this comes about and that it was unfair and / or morally wrong that AirStrike had regained the moderator position which was clearly an Administrator decision in the end, although we did take Moderator comments on board at the time there was nothing to indicate that this shouldn't have happened at the time until after he was re-instated.

Obviously, this has a mixed re-action and not everyone is happy about but in my eye's I am on the lookout for what's best for the site and he does a good job. I have had my share of stouches with mods but all in all it's nothing which hasn't been able to be resolved easily and painlessly. I have a lot of faith in the current moderator team, sure there is always room for improvement as demonstrated recently in 'the mod' thread and they will be dealt as seperate matters on a case by case basis. Any feedback will be taken on board and dealt with accordingly, given the circumstances I feel they do a damn good job, as those who experienced a similar role of similar size it's not an easy task and you can't be around 24/7. The current mod team has demonstrated I do not need to be around 24/7 breathing down their necks, I give them plenty of room to express themselves without being shot down in a wall of flames and I find that works really well so I will stick to this method unless any objections come forward.

Despite what happened in the placement of Dave back into moderatorship I can certainly agree now this perhaps wasn't the best decision I have ever made but I am no indian giver so until it's said otherwise Dave will remain a moderator much to the disgust or some past and present members.

I am not perfect and I don't pretend to be, if anyone thinks they are you would be kidding yourself right? I made mistakes, I am no different to anyone else on this forum other than being of the larger frame variety but we have to learn from out mistakes and move on not drag on what should have happened.

Anyway, fast forward things a few days / weeks and we have completely gotten out of hand with constant bickering between mods and a few of the Anti-Dave fans posting direct attacks at him.

After a number of chances to correct the chaos which has been caused all bar 1 mod (Ratt) was happy to forget about it and move on like we have in the past when something unfortunate has occurred.

Upon contacting Ratt in an attempt to talk about what has been happening I was clearly given the ultimatum on quite a few occasions of either de-modding Dave or he was out and never to return, this can even be contributed as back far as the 'P-Plater Thread in The Pub' which of course you have the older know it all versus the younger know it all which is a volatile mix as it would seem.

Now, as you could imagine this was not a decision I could easily make as I highly respect and regard both members of the team until the next set of events unfolded.

Instead of thinking things were beginning to get back to normal, certain death threats were made against multiple moderators which triggered alarm bells and something needed to happen immediately. For very obvious reasons I could not let this lie down nor would anyone else in my position. I have spoken to the police raising my concerns on these threats and forwarded them the required evidence as per their request so should any text type action take place they are at least aware of them.

As an end result Ratt would not come to any form of compromise other than if Dave was de-modded he would come back, he seemed to be set in his ways despite different solutions being put forward so he had to go instead of dragging the morale of the moderators and administrators down even further to what already had been a trying few months or so.

It is a shame to see it come to an end like this, Ratt was and is a very valuable member and I still regard him as that, it's just unfortunate we were unable to come to a mutual agreement, however, it's not like we didn't try.

I hope this clears everything up and give you all an insight of what has transpired recently instead of hearing rumours. I would add quotes of some description from the Admin / Mod Section which we discuss things such as these but I fear it may very well spark more heated treatment than what it already has or about to.

We understand that this is going to leave a great big hole and hurt in someways even, but already there are measures in place and a few things I want to see happen so lets hope we can tackle these in the very short term and get back to our normal happy days and continue moving on forward.

Cheers
Darren

ok this is no different from what ya said in ya 1st post really! except you have a few more excuses this time.
i do agree with you that ratt inciting violence is a bit discraceful and i do condone it BUT saying that you have to do something about it and that you were "forced" to do it is a bit of a farce. airstrike HAS done something wrong where ratt WAS going to do something wrong, can you see the difference?

when i went on the 1st cruise up here in QLD i had to sign a letter saying that i would be a good boy blah blah blah and if i wanst id be handed over to the police and would be evicted fprm the JC site, now inlight of this has anything being done??? as a mod should he not be held accountable for his actions?he also represents YOU darren and the JC site so this means that you are ok'ing what his done????

well...........as said in all the other posts WE the ones that keep the site going out just manage it and if there are no members ya dont need management (you understand what im saying?) so maybe you should actually listen to the members and not just what you think..

will i might leave this site alone for a week or so and see where its at and hopefully its tidied its self up....

hopefully garth reads this too i have you on msn garth so if ya wanna chat about it yell out and as you know iv put my hat in the ring....

btw good luck in repairing the damage coz i think you will need it
ps. can i have the transcrips of the fighting pm'ed to me too please!
pps. so where the 2 bit hero (sexc_lil_elmo) that was ranting like a fuken idiot at the start...behind her rock again ,she needs to S.T.F.U(bloody keyboard warriors)

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I just want to say some things..

I am a moderator, I got to being one by trying to help people to the best of my ability (don't say I've never helped anyone) and over all being a good guy, you don't become a moderator for nothing as anyone who is/was a mod will tell you. If you think I don't help people ever maybe you should see some of these random posts I found.. I don't have a very good technical knowledge but what I do know I'm willing to get out there..

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=13326
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?p=124955#post124955
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?p=125112#post125112
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=13883
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?p=153228#post153228

Enough about that though, there's some things I just really want to get out here once and for all, no smart arse remarks/comments/attacks, just the truth.

- HoZy and myself: The two of us could have been mates, this whole stupid thing between us started when my brother was curious about what had happened at the Melbourne cruise as he was close to going, and the Melbourne cruisers told him to butt out. Understandable, but natually I felt I had to stick up for him (don't ask me why), I didn't like the mini-war you guys were having (and sided with him) and everything has spiralled out of control from there, personal attacks, disagreeing with your moderatorship and what not. I'm sorry that it came to what it did, with some **** like the internet it's so easy to let things get out of hand like it has. I'm man enough to say that I want to stop this silly feud you and myself are having, for the sake not only of the forums but also ourselves. I'm willing to admit I was wrong in jumping into things which weren't my business and apologise for everything that's happened between us. All I ask from you is for an apology to my girlfriend for the things you said with the account you made named BeetMeSenseless. That's all.. I would be "beef free" lol.

- The original Melbourne cruisers (except AirStrike): You all seem like a very tight knit group who wants nothing to do with me. I just want you guys to know that I have never said anything about you personally or generally. Anything I said would have been either regarding HoZy or AirStrike as at the time I had problems with those people, but I had nothing to say about you guys because I know you guys didn't do anything wrong what-so-ever. I just want you to know anything you've been told about me probably isn't true, although it's probably too late for that anyway.

- About my girlfriend: She was acting on her own will, and in fact all the posts she made yesterday (the big day) I didn't even know about until it was too late. Unfortunately the thing with stuff like that is because she's my girlfriend it's a reflection of myself and my actions. I do not condone them at all, but that said it's also a reflection of me when comments are made about her, and natually if someone says something about your girlfriend it's the human urge to respond. I know it was wrong, and she could have handled herself properly, I had no right to remove threads which were made and lockdown threads the way I did. I even discouraged her from putting in her signature "I'm invincable, my boi is a mod" and all that because it would look like I'm so arrogent guy and really I'm not. I've had a talk with her and we both agree it would be better if she doesn't post on Just Commodores anymore.

- Charg'd_VT_Xu6: I apologise for my smart arse out of place remarks and locking down/editing threads, natually I wasn't in the greatest mood and your comments (although going with the flow of the thread like everyone else) didn't help at all. I am also willing to put everything in the past if you'll say sorry to my girlfriend. I know you probably think you shouldn't but she was just sticking out for me thinking she was doing the right thing (which I never asked her to) and she metaphoricly got stoned to death.

- Regarding AirStrike: Having been a member probably the longest of all the Moderators, it's fair that he be allowed back as a Moderator. He may not be the greatest technical poster but he tries his hardest, and for a lot of people being an administrator/moderator is the same thing, but there is a big difference if you're on this side of the fence.

- The rest of the moderator/admin team: I have conducted myself in a way which is most immature over the last couple of weeks. I apologise, and know that as a team my actions reflect back onto all of us. If you guys wish to deliberate and think of a fair concequence for me I am willing to accept my punishment.

- The members of Just Commodores: I have abused my powers, argued with members and generally been a bad guy over the last couple of days. I had no idea I was percieved as being on a "high-horse", as the only times I warn people and ban them is when they're out of place and continually break forum rules. I therefore don't know what it is, but seeing as so many of you say I am it has to be true. I will look deep inside myself and try to see where this comes from, and most definately try to be a better member not only for myself, but for the website/forums.

As gay as this sounds, I believe at one point or another we all could have got along well, and it sadens me that it has to be the way it is. I just hope any of you will accept what I have to say and be willing to put it all in the past. It is with this post that I step down as a Moderator and the Melbourne cruise boss. Thanks for having me on the team, it has been great working with you other mods/admins. If anyone wants to reply with a smart-arse comment I really don't care, there's nothing I can do anymore, anyway.. :p

Peace.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
OMG what a mess!

First, personally i have nothing against dave, but to do what he did on an organised JC cruise, was pretty stupid (which i'm sure he knows). If it wasn't a JC cruise, i'd tell you all to get a life and move on, but an organised cruise is another story.

I totally agree with the decision to 'let Ratt go', i've been admin/mods of other forums, and the second your blackmailed, its time to get rid of them. Even if he does change his mind, i doubt it'll be in the sites best interest to let him back, and especially not as a mod.

Last of all, I'll say this. Quoted from another forum, 'if you have a problem with another member, PM a mod, if you have a problem with a mod, PM admin, if you have problem with admin, too ****in bad!'

Admin own the site, and with such a large number of members, of course there'll be a difference of opinion. The way i see it admin should do whatever they want to make them happy, as you'll never keep all members happy.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Well,
That was a post and a half by Juzza there. Juzza mate I accept your apoligy and I'm also sorry to Your g/f(Sorry sexc_lil_elmo for callin you a bitch and having a dig at your astra) mate :) No harm done there.

Juzza the only thing I can say to you mate is, We all make mistakes. An only few of us can admit them. Good on ya.

See you on the next cruise

Cheers
MaT