Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WTF-SIX] VSII 6 Speed Manual Supercharged 4.2 Litre

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Ok so its stupid o'clock, must be time for an update!

So with the LIM installed, the manifolds and turbo were ready to go on. So they did with new fel-pro gaskets, the dipstick had a couple of small bends added to it, then it was time to sort out the turbo oiling side of things.

There is a factory oil fitting with a bung in it on the drivers side of the engine behind the power steering pump. I was keen to use that as the turbo oil supply so went ahead with getting all the necessary fittings to make it all happen.

First the taper fitting for the block, I've used a product called Loxeal for all the fittings I've installed lately, seems like awesome stuff!

It was determined that a 90 degree fitting would be best from the block pointing almost straight up, but the rear of the power steering pump bracket needed a little taken off it for clearance

Turbo side done with teflon line ready to cut to length and fit to block

I left that it at that point until the motor was in the bay, just to make sure it was right with everything else.

I needed to lengthen the loom for the TPS and IAC to suit the reverse plenum so that happened here.

Next the turbo oil drain was done, using -10 braided line and a 45 degree full flow swivel fitting at the sump. A P clamp was also used to keep it where it needed to be. Here is a pic from after the motor was reinstalled.

Then the engine mount and a/c compressor went on as there's really only swinging room for the AN spanner at the sump end without these attached to the motor.

The chassis rails needed new paint so Aaron came over and did that for me before the motor was ready to go back in, some fresh rail paint can be seen above. After that was all done the bay was polished and waxed.

Before the engine was ready to go back in, certain things were replaced with new: sump gasket, coolant temp sensor, thermostat and gasket, new heater tap and hoses, and rocker cover gaskets were done too.

I decided the intake was better to be installed after the motor was in the bay, so it was time to get it back in there! The gearbox was bolted to the engine yet again, before both were lowered into place in the bay. We managed to install the engine even with the turbo bolted up and didn't damage anything which was good!

Now it was time to get the intake sorted. Out came the drills and taps! 3 holes were drilled and tapped in the plenum, 1 for the intake air temp sensor, 1 for the map and 1 for the bov. The associated fittings were installed and then so was the fuel rail with the spacers to suit the manifold insulator.

In went the brand new siemens deka flow matched 80lb injectors, along with new genuine plenum gaskets

On went plenty of blue RTV on the LIM side...

...before the manifold insulator was installed along with the plenum, fuel rail and injectors and then it was all torqued down. The injector looms were all hidden inside the fuel rails and connected up

The turbo oil supply line was cut to length here and fitted to the 90 degree elbow before being fastened to the block which can be seen in the next pic along with what happened next, some more RTV before the newly sanded-smooth and repainted plenum spacer went on, followed by the new polished lid with a genuine gasket!

Now, seeing where the TB is pointing I decided it was probably best to relocate the clutch reservoir. Just modifying the original bracket with a small cut and a couple of bends before some fresh black engine enamel (I repainted the brake master cylinder bracket while I was at it), the reservoir now sits solidly behind the drivers side strut tower. The original fluid line wasn't quite long enough and needed replacing anyway so did that too with the right (and expensive) hose for the job.

So with those few things done and the excess blue RTV trimmed off around the plenum, here is how its looking at this point:

Next, onto the intercooler pipework!

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
Man that looks awesome! Can't wait to see how the s366 will go

Last edited:

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
hey mate any new updates? Did the turbo set up end up getting finished off?

It certainly has mate! Had a really busy last quarter of 2013 but it has got there! I am piecing things together to put an update up very soon!

Redvsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
Sat here reading this build for hours now good job man look forward to seeing the revised product :)