Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF? Wife was fined for something that a cop accused her of THINKING about doing.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Maybe it's all about how the other sex view distance. My wife says all the time she is not tailgating. I dont believe her as she scares me when driving with her.

She works on the fact that she can stop in time so she is safe to sit 1 sec behind some one. (weaving from side to side to intimidate people) The poor driver in front may only be doing 1 or 2 kms below the speed limit for her to do this.

In her defence - she has not smashed into anyone - yet.

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
The last thing I'd do is trust the police. They're not looking for the truth, they're looking for a conviction. I'm not anti-police, just pro-truth! <Flame suit on>

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ahhh, that is the argument. The cop that defected said idiot in the other thread only had to suspect that the vehicle didn't meet the required standard of said law, there for she only suspected that he broke the law......

All (or about 95% of the users who replied in that thread) agreed that this was the case and that you aussie sheeples like to pay to prove your innocence and it was perfectly acceptable practice.

Now, I totally disagree (with what has transpired) but now that the shoe is on the other foot I'll play the role of the devils advocate some more.

Err, police saw the bad state of said car and defected base on this. Police did not see an attempt to overtake on double white lines and fined for it. How can you not distinguish the difference? I know kiwis are known as not the brightest but come on, show some common sense...

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, my wife does drive closer than I would... but so far she has never had an accident.

She's also hasn't had a ticket of any kind in the last 7 years so she's obviously not that bad.

The tailgating, that I'm more than happy to cop it sweet although we were planning on contesting and seeing if we could get a warning given the clean driving record. But the crossing double lines is a load of crap and just this cop being a jerk.

He's done it, because he can get away with it and it's my wifes word against his. His word being the one that will carry more weight given he's supposed to uphold the law and all that and not be a lying prick.

In regards to the comments by immortality about this being the shoe on the other foot. Hardly.

Cops are allowed to defect if they think a car is unroadworthy, they aren't allowed to fine people because they can can read peoples minds and know what people may or may not be thinking about doing it, especially given that the offence simply did not happen.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Err, police saw the bad state of said car and defected base on this. Police did not see an attempt to overtake on double white lines and fined for it. How can you not distinguish the difference? I know kiwis are known as not the brightest but come on, show some common sense...

Now thats just childish.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Cops are allowed to defect if they think a car is unroadworthy, they aren't allowed to fine people because they can can read peoples minds and know what people may or may not be thinking about doing it, especially given that the offence simply did not happen.

No one is disputing this, But what can you do about it. Its unfortunate that you copped a unnecessary fine and its a shame you dont have a leg to stand on.. I think that is the point immortality is trying to make that is all. I understand how this case is different to someone trying to wriggle out of a defect.

Tbh Im surprised you started this thread, they always start arguments and end up locked. But it is good to see how much nicer our cops are. I got pulled up for a blown headlight, I had no high stop, loud exhaust. I drove away without a fine.