Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

X-Force exhaust doesn't last the distance.

ssthunder65

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 SS Thunder Ute
When I bought my 2011 VE SSV Ute, I replaced the standard exhaust with a mild steel X-Force system. This was done through the dealer.
I have now reached 95,000 kms only to have two huge holes in each pipe near the rear axle bend.
To say this is pathetic is an understatement. Considering stock units will do well in excess of 400,000 without problem, and the car is driven in mild bursts of 20km trips at highway speed, X-Force have a quality issue.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
You get what you pay for is all I can say.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
When I bought my 2011 VE SSV Ute, I replaced the standard exhaust with a mild steel X-Force system. This was done through the dealer.
I have now reached 95,000 kms only to have two huge holes in each pipe near the rear axle bend.
To say this is pathetic is an understatement. Considering stock units will do well in excess of 400,000 without problem, and the car is driven in mild bursts of 20km trips at highway speed, X-Force have a quality issue.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Well what did you expect? It's mild steel. Pretty sure the stock system is stainless.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
One is Stainless, the other is chinese mild.
20km is barely enough to burn off the internal condensation.
I've had expensive Australian built mild systems rust out inside 2 years. I had my X-Force MS system for over 2 years with little to no wear.
Go figure.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
~100,000km from an exhaust isn't too bad. Depends heavily on the tune and type of fuel used, and how often it's driven.

It doesn't take long for an exhaust to start rusting/deteriorating. Should've purchased stainless one of longevity was a concern.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I`m glad I just got a cat back.
Live and learn

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Yep thats bad, especially blowing holes in the piping, I had a redback mild steel system on my VL for over 7 years and only now has the muffler busted, nothing wrong with the piping at all...

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
I got longer out of my front tyres and wiper blades then my exforce exhaust. NEVER AGAIN

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
OP swapped a stainless system for mild steel and complains when it corrodes. May be I will swap my colour TV for black and white and then complain the picture is ****