Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xenon lights for VE

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
:bang:
Well HOON, I think you are preaching to the deaf.

I've been watching this discussion and I have come to the firm belief that you are trying to convince people who dont give a rats about other road users and the headlamp glare to oncoming traffic in built up areas.

These are the type of fools who drive in built up areas with their factory fitted (or otherwise) flood lights on in day or night, otherwise known as "look at me look at me lights". Do they know these attract 2 points and a fine?

I have used Xenon in previous cars and it's amazing how much oncoming traffic flick their hi beams at you because of the uncontrolled glare.

If you can't see properly with Commodore lights fitted in the last ten or more years you have one of the following problems (or both);
  1. You can't handle the car you're driving.
  2. You need a white cane.

There you go, I'll get off my soap box now. :thumbsup:

areef

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VE V6 2007
Hi vykeith. If you think I am a fool then you are a fool & deaf altogether. I think you should go and preach BMW's...and other car manufacturer who uses XENON for low beam are smarter then you are. Not all BMW's or AUDI comes with low & high beams together and the new ones which comes now are with Bi-Xenon (both high/low) in high end models.

If you want to preach as you think you are smart then do a favour and do some research and then come back here with facts so I will agree that you are not a fool or a deaf to know what is happening around you. As long as there are fools here who knows nothing about XENON and buy some cheap SHI? and try it out in the name of XENON in their car is bound to blind others. I suggest have a look below. This one is good for you and hope it gets in your....finally.....and understand the benefits of Xenon... offcourse GOOD QUALITY ones with HID Conversion Kits ONLY... not just the bulb alone so it doesnt drain your car battery or burn your internal wiring. Just buying a cheap xenon bulbs and using it and revolting against it is totally a different subject which is not discussed here! Moreover I asked here if someone had fixed in the Calais so I can get some help but I get a totally different response which shows either you dont know how to read or understand what I am looking for..........this shows who is the real fool here......after all.

HID Xenon Lights || Hiclone Pty Ltd Australia

BMW AG : 1 Series : All the facts : Xenon lights

Mercedes GL450

Motor Vehicle Lighting Council (MVLC)

HID Xenon - What is Xenon lighting?

BMW HID, HIDs, Xenon Lighting, Philips HIDs, Philips HID bulbs, 4100K, 5000K, 6000K, H1

Car Bulb Xenon Headlights

Automotive Lighting: Xenon

Last edited:

NeilF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V
This might seem a silly question/s to some but here goes:
Is the high and low beam in the one globe or are they separate globes ( i know I'm lazy to go down stairs and have a look ?
What is the globe number eg: H1 or H4 or ?
Do all model VE's have the same globes ?

Regards
Neil
Sydney

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
My VE SS have 2 different ones

I had a Caprice before (as you can see down) and it only had
one globe, I took it to a car shop and installed xenon lights.

when I tryed it, it was all xenon and no normal light, so I told the shopkeeper about it and he told me that my car have only one globe.

I made him change everything back to what it was and didn't pay a single $:whistling

He told me that there is a bulb with two heads (Xenon\normal) but it was like 80$ each :)yeah:yes we have cheap car parts:yeah:) so I didn't buy it

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
This might seem a silly question/s to some but here goes:
Is the high and low beam in the one globe or are they separate globes ( i know I'm lazy to go down stairs and have a look ?
What is the globe number eg: H1 or H4 or ?
Do all model VE's have the same globes ?

Regards
Neil
Sydney

Unsure as to what the VE globes are but it well depend on that.

Some cars run Xenons that have high and low beam within the same globe, others run seperate globes.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi vykeith. If you think I am a fool then you are a fool & deaf altogether. I think you should go and preach BMW's...and other car manufacturer who uses XENON for low beam are smarter then you are. Not all BMW's or AUDI comes with low & high beams together and the new ones which comes now are with Bi-Xenon (both high/low) in high end models.

If you want to preach as you think you are smart then do a favour and do some research and then come back here with facts so I will agree that you are not a fool or a deaf to know what is happening around you. As long as there are fools here who knows nothing about XENON and buy some cheap SHI? and try it out in the name of XENON in their car is bound to blind others. I suggest have a look below. This one is good for you and hope it gets in your....finally.....and understand the benefits of Xenon... offcourse GOOD QUALITY ones with HID Conversion Kits ONLY... not just the bulb alone so it doesnt drain your car battery or burn your internal wiring. Just buying a cheap xenon bulbs and using it and revolting against it is totally a different subject which is not discussed here! Moreover I asked here if someone had fixed in the Calais so I can get some help but I get a totally different response which shows either you dont know how to read or understand what I am looking for..........this shows who is the real fool here......after all.

HID Xenon Lights || Hiclone Pty Ltd Australia

BMW AG : 1 Series : All the facts : Xenon lights

Mercedes GL450

Motor Vehicle Lighting Council (MVLC)

HID Xenon - What is Xenon lighting?

BMW HID, HIDs, Xenon Lighting, Philips HIDs, Philips HID bulbs, 4100K, 5000K, 6000K, H1

Car Bulb Xenon Headlights

Automotive Lighting: Xenon

Mate do you not LISTEN... It doesnt matter if they are the cheap crap Ebay ones that last 120 hours or the good quality Phillips ones that last 3000 hours.

The FACT is, VE headlights are not made for Xenon use, so using them will CAUSE GLARE. Xenon lights NEED a self levelling system, they NEED a lense cleaning device and they need projector headlights.

They will cause glare and blind other drivers in BOTH high and low beam. But its not going to matter on high beam because you don't use high beam around other drivers, so the glare wont matter.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
the only reason that people install xenon is turning it on to make other drivers
move from the lane (to overtake them)....

VUSS-02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUSS Utility SII
Hi Everyone,

I know this may already be a dead thread, but I installed a 35W conversion kit from GSL Rally Sport in the high beam of my VU Ute and VZ Adventra (projector style assembly) and the result is fantastic. I live out in Western Queensland, Australia, and have a lot of animals around. This conversion puts heaps more light out the front end of the car and I can see a lot further.

I agree with putting them in the high beam only, because I need them to see better on the highway, and not on low beam.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
using them will CAUSE GLARE.
Wrong. Projector headlights direct the light exactly where it's meant to go. Meaning no glare or dazzling when setup correctly.

Xenon lights NEED a self levelling system
Wrong. If setup correctly, the level should always be the same.

they NEED a lense cleaning device
Wrong. If the lenses are sealed properly, they wont get dirty to start with.

they need projector headlights
Wrong. However they only work CORRECTLY with projector headlights as the reflector headlights will just scatter the light too much and cause glare. But they will still work with reflector headlights.

They will cause glare and blind other drivers in BOTH high and low beam.
Wrong. I have NEVER heard of anyone going blind from ANY sort of headlights.

People who think HID lights are bad simply don't understand. I agree they shouldnt be installed in non-projector headlights but other than that, they actually INCREASE safety and if installed correctly don't cause glare or dazzle other drivers.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wrong. lol I gotta say you must be really queer in person.

Of course I didn't mean blind literally.. Blind other drivers temporarily, much as the sun or other bright lights including high beams do.

Projector headlights, self levelling system, lense cleaning systems ARE all NEEDED to be legal according to ECE regulations.

For the record, I get GLARE and have been temporarily blinded by cars fitted with HID's from factory, such as BMW's and im sure other people here have also. I live in the Hills and driving home at night i've had alot of issues with cars fitted with HID's from factory. Normally they are fine, but there are instances when they are not and this will only be emphasised by people fitting them to headlights that weren't designed for them. Im pretty sure headlights designed for HID use by BMW are going to a more improved and correct setup than a cheap ebay kit in some crappy commodore headlights.

But no, im wrong. Can't happen... It can't even be possible can it.