Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

XF Falcon - oh the regrets

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Im gonna be the party pooper and point out how stupid an idea that is... the potential to hurt or even kill someone is massive and then EVERYONE gets done....

Not hard for a car to crash into another and then burst into flames, ingniting the booze strapped close to the driver.. or even into the damn and then drown the person because their unconcious as their drunk.

Alcohol + Cars, Dont Mix. Its just to dangerous. People have enough trouble not smashing into other people when sober, let alone drunk.

aZk.

yeah but thankfully no one listens to you.... or common sense!

anyone who lived on more than 5 acres of land knows the freedom it brings..

YouTube - paddick fun

we had a few paddick bombs over one day and did laps of the joint, only had 10 acres up there but it was pretty fun..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
heheh didnt you know? with the X series fords, they were soo advanced they have a password to start them, it goes something like "START YOU ****ING PEICE OF ****"

minux that sounds like fun but till i see footage i dont believe it :p

Will post up footage of this years event. Until then I guess you have to not believe.

Im gonna be the party pooper and point out how stupid an idea that is... the potential to hurt or even kill someone is massive and then EVERYONE gets done....

Not hard for a car to crash into another and then burst into flames, ingniting the booze strapped close to the driver.. or even into the damn and then drown the person because their unconcious as their drunk.

Alcohol + Cars, Dont Mix. Its just to dangerous. People have enough trouble not smashing into other people when sober, let alone drunk.

aZk.

:rofl: thats fine bud. You can think its dangerous, but when speeds rarely exceed 60 km/h not much damage can be done. As for booze igniting, people drink premixes or beer, yet to see these light on fire successfully.

We quite often deliberately crash into people, not to mention deliberately force people into the dam.

It is not like we are on a public road or in fact near one, so I have no issues with it. Alcohol is more dangerous in bars in the city, at least we don't get driving on public roads afterwards or go beat the crap out of random people just for kicks.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Im just saying be careful... 60 kays is quite capable of killing someone... drunk people do stupid things....

aZk.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
It is great fun.

We had threats from certain police members saying they will fine us, breath test us etc do whatever it takes to shut it down. We asked one of those guys to come along and sponsored him drinks and a car and told him to give it a shot. If he still wanted it closed down we would stop. So this gave us 2 of the constabulary on our side.

This particular member now has 3 others coming with him all with their own cars this year :p

Thing is though, even if they wanted it closed down they probably couldn't do a thing...IIRC, so long as you're on private property, away from any sort of public road, and not causing any harm to other people, they can't shut it down.

Still, thats awesome that you got that cop on your side :)

As far as danger goes, i'm sure most of us have no worries about going into town and getting drunk, which is just as dangerous, if not more dangerous, you could say something stupid to the wrong person and get beaten up or killed, or you might walk out in front of a car and not realise it, etc, etc.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Minux's idea sounds great, esp because my brother just got a XF for free that runs! ( hope he doesn't mind me " Borrowing " it!

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
In a town where my parents live now they have a race every year around the show grounds. Cheap ford and a cheap holden. One tank of fuel and they keep going till one runs out.