Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce and Pacemaker extractors

sfor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Recently went to a shop to get cam package for me ve clubby ls2 and extractors and cats and just found out that the xforce 3' stainless i just bought doesnt fit up to pacemakers (4-1) with cats.. and that they would need to do a custom job fitting it if i wanted to keep it...
Anyone else been through this road block???

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Hay buddy,
I have an SS with the l98 (I no its not clubby before some one starts bitchin).I have pacemakers(4-1) headers and high flow cats with the xforce 3' mild steel system and it fits just fine.I can't see why it would not fit,maybe your workshop talking **** and wants more money out of you.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Mine had the exact same set up as yours when i got it so it couldn't be that big of a deal?
And sounds a million bucks!

sfor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
well im over in W.A went through Active Automotive supposed to be the beez neez, they quoted 2k for extractors and cats and the custom work to fit it with the xforce?? sound reasonable or they said i could go manta and it would fit straight up

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Manta over Xforce

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Come to Bunbury and I will do it a lot cheaper than that. And plus 1 for Manta over X Force.

I would use Hurricane extractors though, cheaper than Pacemaker and just as good.

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Differing brands are likely not to fit. Don't stress, it wasn't until the VT LS1 came out that bolt on exhaust kits actually became all the rage. It shouldn't be and expensive fix to make it fit. If you are really keen you can get them to extend the collectors out to make torque tubes for a bit of extra power.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I cant see why they dont fit ??

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I cant see why they dont fit ??

Aftermarket extractors and cats move the position of where the exhaust bolts to the cats. Some manufacturers make the system to bolt to the factory position of the cats, some make them to only fit up with their own extractors and cats.

Bolt on exhaust kits have been available for 25 years, I used to fit aftermarket bolt on sports systems to a lot of older cars. It wasn't until China got into the act that they became cheaper and less likely to sound good or fit correctly.

For the record, Manta will bolt straight up to most aftermarket extractor/cat combos, and they make a connecting pipe that bolts to the factory cats.

krylothe

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Had same thing happen to my ss (06 model) only could afford the mild steel 3" xforce but had to have it modified to suit the 4-1 pacies. definately worth the effort though and got it for a really good deal, $1300 for xforce 3" plus the modifications.