Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xforce exhaust no pulse/lope

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
I put a 2.5" mild steel xforce catback on my ss commodore couple months ago n i must say sounds dissapointing its got a little bit of pulse but nothing like what ive heard on some other holdens with catbacks. Will my standard log manifold cause it to reduce the pulsing sound.
Will changing to hsv headers change it n increase the pulse. I really dont wanna have to buy another exhaust i payed $1100 for the xforce.
if the hsv headers wont make a difference how can i modify the xforce to increase the pulse.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Probably look at ditching the x force merge section in favour of an h-pipe or even just run straight separate exhaust for that loud old school V8 sound.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
You paid $1100 for mild steel?!

You sure those other cars didn't have aftermarket camshafts fitted?

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
$1100 nzd and yea im positive they dont have cams i know thw owners. Two r8s an older ss ute and a older clubsport

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
So its nothing to do with the log manifolds then?
Should i remove the centre muffler and add in a h pipe and should i put two hotdogs where the centre muffler was?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
remove the part that has the X and replace with a H, however it may (should) need to be balanced or set up and placed properly.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hurricane uses an X as well.

The X is there to make it quieter and get rid of the raspy note the cheap X force mufflers produce. Not much can be done without either changing the system or fitting 4-1 headers and high flow cats.