Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce headers and cats

lowrider636

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Series 2
I have a VE SS with 1 3/4 4 into 1 headers and high flow cats and 2 1/2 cat back all if which is xforce .. I want to change my xforce catback to a 3 inch stainless steel . Im thinking of putting on difillippo , walkingshaw or mantra catback .. My question is will any of these systems bolt directly up to my headers and cats without modifications ?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'm pretty sure the XForce cats finish where the factory flanges are, so any cat back will bolt to them. It's only when you change to a decent set of headers that are proper tuned length that it moves the cats back, therefore you need to match the cat back to the headers and cats.

lowrider636

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Series 2
Would the manta catback bolt up to my system without mods .. I did speak with an xforce distributer and he said the cats finish at the factory location

VE-CHASER

Reaction score
Members Ride
13' Police Issue VE OMEGA
walkinshaw exhaust

Pretty sure walky exhaust won't bolt str8 up as the ve walkinshaw has a different config and on top of that it's being fed over 500kw...my mate has one it's impossible to get traction even with a tiny squirt he can light it up in 3rd gear at 80ks in the wet...thing is deadly. Anyway you should here it idle and yes the exhaust sounds very lumpy but the things practically a v8 supercar, an exhaust like that on your car won't do you any favors, it's made specifically for the walky. Stick to a difillipo or hit up rapid exhausts in Sydney I'm hearing a lot of good **** about wat they can make and they don't charge the earth. Hit em up on fb " rapid exhausts". Cheers"

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Pretty sure walky exhaust won't bolt str8 up as the ve walkinshaw has a different config and on top of that it's being fed over 500kw...my mate has one it's impossible to get traction even with a tiny squirt he can light it up in 3rd gear at 80ks in the wet...thing is deadly. Anyway you should here it idle and yes the exhaust sounds very lumpy but the things practically a v8 supercar, an exhaust like that on your car won't do you any favors, it's made specifically for the walky. Stick to a difillipo or hit up rapid exhausts in Sydney I'm hearing a lot of good **** about wat they can make and they don't charge the earth. Hit em up on fb " rapid exhausts". Cheers"

Ugh, you're one of 'those guys'... Any twin exhaust 2.5" or 3" is more than enough flow for 500rwkw, a single 3.5" is enough for that too. The walky is made specifically for the walky cars? No, they can be fitted to any car. Walkinshaw's VE exhaust was just a rebrand of HM, now they're Difillippo as far as I know.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Would the manta catback bolt up to my system without mods .. I did speak with an xforce distributer and he said the cats finish at the factory location

If the cats are at the factory location, then yes, the Manta will bolt straight up.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
ummm but supercar...