Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yay i got a vt

rhysieboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt exec
nahh well i gotta share the car with mum for 2 years while im on me l's but after that i might do a lil tweakin after that but hoping to get a gq patrol ute within the next year or so aswell but just been told im aloud to put 18's on it cos its got stockies on it atm so thinkin ve rims or similar

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
nahh well i gotta share the car with mum for 2 years while im on me l's but after that i might do a lil tweakin after that but hoping to get a gq patrol ute within the next year or so aswell but just been told im aloud to put 18's on it cos its got stockies on it atm so thinkin ve rims or similar

See, its started already with the rims lol

rhysieboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt exec
haahhaa i thought about replica ve gts rims 18x8 but from what i gather your cant go up in rims 25mm bigger than what they come out with?and vt's only come out with 16's?ohh also did vt's come out with t56 box's?or just t5's?
cheers
rhya

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
problem with rims on a stock vt is it will be screaming out lower me, lower me!

the gap between the guard and tyre suddenly looks way out of proportion. Plus if you were a cop and saw a set of ve rims on a vt with P plates, wouldn't you follow him for a couple of k's? Nothing against you, they just play the numbers game...

oh congrats on what sounds like a great buy for your first car, treat it ok and it will hopefully give you good value.

Chickenboi999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Sportswagon S2
the rule is 2 inch bigger in diameter as far as i kno, check ur tyre placard for standard size cause ive seen cars come with 1 inch smaller rims than standard so i had a mate go up 3 inch from wat he had on, looked fat lowered on 18s

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
yeah I think it is something like that, but you do have to be careful, bringing that up on this forum. basically check the way it really works with your local transit office.

but you have to your same rolling diameter, otherwise your speedo is out. the point I was making is that the it just looks bad at normal ride height with cool rims that you see on a normally lowered model. its just not right. cool looking mags and proper ride height go together.