Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yay my new car - new to the forum too

RacheeBabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore - ex cop car
Insurance is ****ed? Your a p plater driving around with a soon to be lowered vehicle, aftermarket wheels, exhaust etc, thats what you pay when you start to modify. Take it back to stock, wait until your off your p's then insurance will be nicer, you will also attract less popo action.

As for the car, 8k is very steep, your mate got a ripper deal selling at that price with those k's!!! As long as your happy though, all is good.

Welcome to JC also :)

Hi Minux
Thanks for your reply, I got a quote if the car was stock and insurence is only 200 cheaper a year so no difference really, rather have it look nice lol and pay the extra 200. My mate is paying 80 bucks a month P plater on a V8 kingswood I really want to know how lol

I was happy with the price because i knew the car, I know the previous owner very well, he will service the car very cheap for me every time it is due for a service aswell as fix any problems with it if any arise (mechanic). It was very well taken care of which is the reason for buying it at the price i paid. There are many more factors but I am too lazy to type. haha

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
nice car, good base to do more mods on :) but agreed 8k is really steep lol

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Nice looking car you got, will look alot better lowered, what springs you getting?

As other have said, take the black strips off (check the How To Section).

Would look good with some tint too.

And yeah 8K is steep for those k's.

ZOMBIE

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
if your parents are "rating 1 for life" with suncorp you get a massive discount 1200$ full comprehensive for a year.
nice looking vx. should look wicked lowered.

habs420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pac Manual
Looking good mate, will look so much better once lowered

mdmatt

mdmatt
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 LS1 Auto VZ SSZ 328.6rwhp
Hi Minux
Thanks for your reply, I got a quote if the car was stock and insurence is only 200 cheaper a year so no difference really, rather have it look nice lol and pay the extra 200. My mate is paying 80 bucks a month P plater on a V8 kingswood I really want to know how lol

I was happy with the price because i knew the car, I know the previous owner very well, he will service the car very cheap for me every time it is due for a service aswell as fix any problems with it if any arise (mechanic). It was very well taken care of which is the reason for buying it at the price i paid. There are many more factors but I am too lazy to type. haha

Get your parents to add you onto there insurance - that's how it becomes cheaper.

VX21

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx lumina s1
very nice mate...what i did for the first year is just had it under my fokes name only, i wasnt even on the insurance (which means a massive excess if the popo gets involved).
Now i have to go by myself, if u know family who lives in a different area try a quote there cause if they have lower crime and crash rates so its cheaper, mines registered at my dads place outside of warrnambool and it is $750 for just me on the insurance instead of 1500. But just be careful.

RacheeBabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore - ex cop car
Thanks everyone :) Ill see what I can do with insurance
Car is getting lowered today :) Very exited

liamvalente

Reaction score
Members Ride
- VT Executive Series II
Yeah the price is a bit steep. I got my VT Executive Series 2- 2000 model for $6200. It has 17" alloys, Lukey 2 1/2" sports exhaust, 12" Kenwood Sub, 600W Kenwood Amplifier, and a aftermarket Pioneer Head Deck. It's also a 5sp manual with 134*** k's. :) But yes it is a nice first car!