Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yay or nay?

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
hey guys .. thinking of purchasing a 1jz twin turbo soarer .. i no its not a commodore but i still got my VS :D was wondering if ne one could shed some light on the Toyota soarer 2.5L twin turbo;s... are they reliable? what should i look for when purchasing one? common faults? etc etc ... thanks guys!!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
One of my mates has had a TT Soarer for years now and the only issues he's had with it is he lost his license driving it. Ran 6.4 0-100kmph stock. (Gtech)

It's a toyota engine, so fairly reliable I would think.

Other than that, I've always liked the soarer shape... nice big coupe.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
1JZ engine right?

One of the best engines for power production ever, plus its toyota so reliable as

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Soarer's are amazing, one of my favorite imports!

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
good to hear fellas..i have only heard positive things about them so far. But the one im looking at has 162000 on the clock... and apparently they can be an expensive car to maintain.

csgup1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
from what ive heard and read, they are good cars. toyota makes pretty reliable cars. also they are great for mods due to the real sturdy engine

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
1JZ is an awesome engine, 2JZ better tho :D
They share the same engine as the Supras... when I was looking for a MK3 the only thing most people said was a problem was the heads. But I think most problems were caused my stupid drivers.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
cheers guys. was just browsing ebay to see how much parts were...i nearly fell off my chair lol.. second hand rear bar COVER - 260$ !!! god damn...vr/vs rear bar - 20$ lol

BlackVT5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5.7
Unless you are planning on buying one of the later 97+ models (which fetch a pretty penny)
I wouldnt bother, most are quite old and are like buying a vr commodore(ok not as crap, but still just as old) electronics failing, suspension worn, high kms on the engine etc.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
If I was to buy an import I would buy an immaculate low ks one from the auctions in Japan. Have a few mates who have bought imports that way and the cars are completely mint, totally different level to the cars we have here.