Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yella terra

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I would of expected more, especially since the vehicle weight will have only a small effect on the dyno. When the guy up here with the dyno shop returns from Darwin I will try & get a mates VY crewy on & compare it with a similar commodore.
Despite the lack of peak power difference between maf & mafless with the maf still in place I would still go with the mafless tune. For under $1000 you would get an OTRCAI plus a mail order tune from Brad at enhanced with a money back guaruntee. That is great value for money.

aygee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
wire mesh

Has anyone removed that wire mesh on there maf? ive heard its not needed and is just a restriction to the air flow but havent been game to try it yet.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I believe the screen is there to smooth air flow over the elements but I'm not sure what effect removing this would have.

korny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss crewman
sweet as that would be interesting to see what another crewman is making at the wheels thanks, maybe mafless is the way to go then is it a complete new tune or do they just edit the existing maf tune?

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
It is better to start with a new tune as sometimes tables are messed up to give dyno results. Plus tuners like Brad use a custom operating system that allows both high & low octane spark tables to be retained. This gives an extra safety margin if bad fuel is inadvertantly used.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Now I'm sure you usual crowd will start preaching about OTR's and maffless tunes but I'll say this. $1500 - $2000 spent on mafless tune and otr can't be compared to $150 or so for a new maf pipe.

If that is the case, how come you went mafless and an OTR set-up?

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
If that is the case, how come you went mafless and an OTR set-up?

Think it is pretty obvious really. I'll assume that is a rhetorical question.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Think it is pretty obvious really. I'll assume that is a rhetorical question.

Never mind, blonde moment on my behalf. I misread what was said.

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
It is better to start with a new tune as sometimes tables are messed up to give dyno results. Plus tuners like Brad use a custom operating system that allows both high & low octane spark tables to be retained. This gives an extra safety margin if bad fuel is inadvertantly used.

Correct, When tuning mafless, always start by creating a COS.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
sweet as that would be interesting to see what another crewman is making at the wheels thanks, maybe mafless is the way to go then is it a complete new tune or do they just edit the existing maf tune?

I had a blonde moment myself & will not be able to do the comparison on a dyno. A 4 wheel dyno is necessary to do the crewman & we only have a 2 wheel set up here. I can do a comparison with the scan tool RWKW on both though which will give you an idea.