Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yet another air problem

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
ok, went to turn on the air con today, and went to change the airflow, and it doesnt matter wat selection i have it on, it remains on the demister. anyone have any ideas??

cheers,

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
mine does a similar thing, you just need to change it to the one you want and leave it for a little bit. Eventually (3-4min) mine changes to the one I selected.

It did take me a while to work it out because I was getting impatient. I am not sure how it works but it takes longer in summer to change around.. I don't think its meant to be like that though..

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
thanks guys, slick u hit the nail on the head. lol. like an old lady goin thru checkouts. just gotta be patient. im still gettin hissin sounds when i change the selections so its still gettin vaccuum. will suss it out tomorrow.

kenwstr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
The control is vaccume driven on most if not all models. If it's slow or doesn't change, you have a leak or loose vaccume hose somewhere in the system.

Ken

gregaust

Reaction score
Yes check the vacuum hose on the intake manifold at the back of the engine.If it is slow may be cracked .. Comes out near heater hose and follow to engine.

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
cheers greg, sussed it out today and found the hose was cracked. replaced it and it seems to be all good for now..... lol.