Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yet another email scam doing the rounds

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I get scams every week through hotmail lol!! Reporting them is all u can do really..

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
I get scams every week through hotmail lol!! Reporting them is all u can do really..

what about their email addresses? surely THEY can be hacked into.... :whistling

or do they delete and make new ones?

doyab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive V6
lol here's my latest one.

[email protected]

From Miss.Magdalene Barack
19 Bp 2002 Abidjan 19 Bp
Cote d 'Ivoire

Hi Dearest ,

Request to assist me transfer an inheritted money and assist me come over to your country to continue my education.I know how surprise this letter will be to you, But I would advice that you consider it as a request from an orphan for assistance.

l am Miss Magdalene Barack, the only daughter of late Engr and Mrs Michael Barack .My father was an Engineer and Contractor with the Government of Cote D'ivoire in Abidjan here, the economic capital of Ivory Coast, he was poissoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on business
While my father was rushed to the hospital , he quickly sent for me as the only born daughter before his untimely death.He told me all about this (US$5.7
million ) Five Million Seven Hundred Thousand Unite States dollars ,he deposited here in a bank for future investiment on my name as next of kin.

But as you may be already aware by now, my country (Cote d'Ivoire) is presently at war caused by political crises. Rebels have already taken over the whole Northern part of the country and making efforts towards the capture of the commercial center of the country Abidjan, where i am now. For this urgly development in this country,I have now decided to take quick actions and have this money transferred out of this country before it is too late. I am honorably seeking your assistance in the following ways:

(1) To assist me to transfer the money into your bank
account.

(2) To make arrangement for me to come over to your
country to further my education and then settle there parmanently.I will offer you 20% of the total money after transfer.

Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein and Keep this contact confidential till when this money get to your Custody,this is to ensure
that nothing jeopardizes my last wish on Earth.No matter what your decision may turn to be I humbly begging you to reply to me
Thanks and God bless you
Miss.Magdalene Barack

LOL LOL LOL

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Nah this one crap, it inly offers 20%. At least if you get scammed you want to think you going to get the whole amount. And it must be a hell of an education for 5.7mill LOL, poor people who beleive them, that or desperate with no other options

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
one of my girlfriends brother was duped by a russian girl, they meet online he went over there meet her, came home he thought all was good, then she started asking for stuff and money for a plain ticket out here but instead of getting her the ticket, he sent her the money she had him going for about 8 months in the end he was out over $5000. poor guy.

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
i get sooooo many of these at work. Commbank, Bank of America, this bank that bank
it's rediculous the amount of crap there is.

not to mention our fax machine goes mental in the morning - faxes saying you have WON!!!! 1000000 dollars from your distant cousins pets uncles aunty twice removed who was married but died.

and it's yours with the downpayment of 1000 dollars it's alll yours!!

sooooo lame.