Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

You can not steal this Vechiel !!! HELP

commomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
Hey Guys

My girlfriend has a VZ Ute with a 6 speed Alloytec. While we were away on holidays my mum moved the car without putting the key in the ignition, so now the car won't start.

At first a message came up on the screen " YOU CAN NOT STEAL THIS VECHIEL" or something similar to that. The message does not come up any more but the car will wind over and not fire.

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO YOU or have you heard of the error. Any information would be most helpfull.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
LOL at girl and car.

But yeah, how did her Mum move the car without putting the key in the ignition? Did she have the key? And if she did, why didnt she just put the key in the ignition.

Unless...6-speed Alloytec, as in 6-Speed Manual? So she just dropped the handbrake and rolled the car in Neutral?
I've done this plenty of times when I've been to drunk to co-ordinate the clutch and throttle, lol, so it shouldnt b a problem, unless she unlocked it with the key and not the remote, in which case the alarm would go off...

Maybe try disconnecting the battery, which can reset the computer?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
How long was the car stationary before it was moved?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
thread cleaned. keep it on topic people, OP wants help, not random dribble.

Rolla_Rolla'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ke30 Rolla'
hawk i had a resonable reply on one of my replys lol,
was fun while it lasted :p

just try dis connecting the battery, and resting the computer, should solver ur problems

commomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
Problem Solved

Yeah car was first unlocked with key, so alarm went off, then button on key was pressed to stop alarm, then car was rolled back with out key in ignition. Soo the computer had a wig out and when they tried to start the car it just flooded its self.

So I disconnected the battery and left it off for a while, pulled out the fuel pump fuse, hooked battery back up, started it a heap of times, put fuse back in and finally got it going. Drove straight down to holden dealer, and lucky me had 12 days left on factory warranty. WOOP WOOP.

Soo got 45,000km service, cleared all fault codes and all is back to normal.

Thanks for the input everybody.