Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

You know when your having a bad day when...

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I filled the work ute up today at the servo just after lunch time walking from the bowsers to the counter to pay for the fuel going through my wallet I stepped onto a 1m long black tiger snake on the driveway of the servo.

As I stepped on the snake I somehow stepped about 50mm down from its head, it kept striking my work boots & long pants but missed my leg, next it wrapped its body around my leg and we were in a stalemate. It continued to strike and just got my ankle through the elastic side of my work boot.

One of the staff members came to my aid and handed me a 2m long metal bar out of my ute which I managed to pin its head down and get out of trouble, paid for my fuel and drove up to the hospital, upon inspection I was told I was very luck that the snake must have used it venon up striking my boots and pants and by the time it got my ankle there was nothing left.
One einstein at the hospital was concerned my blood pressure was up so I reached over the edge of the bed and picked up the cordial bottle with 1m of pissed off live black tiger snake in it and asked he if she thought it had anything to do with it

So it got me thinking whats your worst day at work been?

Scott

Last edited:

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Sounds like you had luck on your side and everything turned out well.
being in hospitality for as long as I have been i have a few good stories.
Been held up at gun point, had meth labs in hotel rooms, car driven through hotel front wall, stabbings and shootings (same person, poor fella).
At the time they were pretty hectic ****, but they are all great stories now.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
jeez, thought my day was bad... u take the cake sunshine.
Left my license in the truck so wasn't legally allowed to drive to work. boss picked me up and subjected me to 702 am talkback radio.
Had a tyre blow out on me near Nords wharf turn off.
Owner of our company was actually pretty ok about that.
Finally got to start actual work by midday... funny i clocked on at 6:30am.....

Backed into an awning at Mayfield west and got harrassed by the weirdo old dandy across the road for it.

You can have ur tiger snake champ. it's all yours!

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
I filled the work ute up today at the servo just after lunch time walking from the bowsers to the counter to pay for the fuel going through my wallet I stepped onto a 1m long black tiger snake on the driveway of the servo.

As I stepped on the snake I somehow stepped about 50mm down from its head, it kept striking my work boots & long pants but missed my leg, next it wrapped its body around my leg and we were in a stalemate. It continued to strike and just got my ankle through the elastic side of my work boot.

One of the staff members came to my aid and handed me a 2m long metal bar out of my ute which I managed to pin its head down and get out of trouble, paid for my fuel and drove up to the hospital, upon inspection I was told I was very luck that the snake must have used it venon up striking my boots and pants and by the time it got my ankle there was nothing left.
One einstein at the hospital was concerned my blood pressure was up so I reached over the edge of the bed and picked up the cordial bottle with 1m of pissed off live black tiger snake in it and asked he if she thought it had anything to do with it

So it got me thinking whats your worst day at work been?

Scott
i cut my finger today on a un-properly stapled paged, how does mine stackup against yours?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
jeez, thought my day was bad... u take the cake sunshine.
Left my license in the truck so wasn't legally allowed to drive to work. boss picked me up and subjected me to 702 am talkback radio.
Had a tyre blow out on me near Nords wharf turn off.
Owner of our company was actually pretty ok about that.
Finally got to start actual work by midday... funny i clocked on at 6:30am.....

Backed into an awning at Mayfield west and got harrassed by the weirdo old dandy across the road for it.

You can have ur tiger snake champ. it's all yours!

I'll send you my number so next time you break down near me I can come help ya out lol.... I live in Nords Wharf.... Poor bugger I know what its like being stuck out here lol.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Its the second near miss I have had with a snake I had a baby brown snake get me on the thumb last year but couldnt bite through the leather rigger gloves I had on.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Black stig:
the other driver graham usually does the little shop there... he's off for a few day's so i'm stuck doin his runs and mine....
the couple in the Post office are an odd couple when u get to talkin to em... you'll know what i mean!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I was pushing a bin at work (typical bin you have at your house, wheelie variety) and the bin was really heavy, & I sort of lost balance a bit, and the bin fell forwards, made contact with the front of the bottom of the bin, which stopped the wheels moving, which caused me to slam into the bin, which caused me to fall over the bin, which caused the bin to fall onto me, lid open.

I work at a nursing home. The bins are full of used incontinence aids. I was covered in ****.

Apart from that I tend to smack my head a lot on the pallet racking in the store room.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I was putting a cyl head onto a Series 60 in an International eagle, its was hanging off the jib on the forklift and while we were lowering it, it got stuck but the driver wasnt paying attention and kept going down and the chain slackened. Then the bracket the head was caught on snapped, the head dropped and because of the angle it was on when it took the slack it swang straight into the cab jamming my middle finger between it and the cab slicing it half off, all in a matter of about 2 seconds. Looked down and saw some bone and other goodies in there then got a bit pale and went to hospital. Was off for about a month.

Last edited: