Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

You know you have been owned when..

`daj0pe

Reaction score
Given the recent development of the word, and its primary use in written form only, there is no single accepted pronunciation of the word “pwn.” There are many different ideas on how “pwn” is properly pronounced, although pronunciation is mainly based on personal preference. Some of the common variations include (IPA pronunciation) [oʊn], [pəʔˈoʊn], [piˈoʊn], [pən], [pwin], [pun], or, most commonly, [poʊn], as rhymed with the original “own” ([oʊn]). It can also be pronounced phonetically, as [pwəʔˈn̩] (“pwən”).

Another pronunciation, [pɔn], is used by many other players, although many online gamers believe it to be a false pronunciation. The main argument against that is that since “pwn” is just in fact a purposeful misspelling of its parent “own,” that it should still be pronounced as [oʊn] or [poʊn].

lol

i know i've been owned when i've read every post in this forum...

M

madmick

Mike215 said:
you know you've been owned when you get smoked at the lights by a stock lancer with altezza tail lights..

thats about the best yet...

my personal one,

you know youve been owned when... your cruising with a 250rwhp 308 down the highway doin 120, and a datto 1200 with a roll cage blows past you doin about 200.

he was gone, no way i was gonna catch him. but i tried anyway :p

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
:) :) :) :)

Last edited:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
You know you've been pwned when you lose to a Mirage sedan (the Australian "Lancer").. No one would look down on you if you were beaten by a real Evo

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
You Know Youv Been OWNED When The Person Walking On The sidewalk Beats You, And Your In A 5Lt....SHAZAM

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
you know you've been owned when you put money down on a lexcen cuz the salesman told you it's just like a commodore....

K

kel_VK_Calais

Mike215 said:
you know you've been owned when you put money down on a lexcen cuz the salesman told you it's just like a commodore....

:rofl: that's gotta suck.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
You know you've been pwned when your taking a dump and you get a sunami backsplash and wet arse!

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
you know you've been owned when your partner tells you that your next car doesn't have to be a V8 because you don't need one and you think that sounds reasonable...

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
sixshooter said:
You know you've been pwned when your taking a dump and you get a sunami backsplash and wet arse!
LMAO thats just wrong but hella funny ha ha ha ha:p