Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

you prefer freezing or boiling?

freezing or boiling?

• Total voters

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
In the morning I normally wear 2 jumpers when its really cold to the job site , but once you get going you start taking of the layers lol

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
well i work in a meat processing plant so, im gonna have to go with the cold. lol

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
being a welder cold weather all the way welding on 40 degrees days with overalls pants shirt welding mask gloves and boots sucks ball especially when your arc is about 3000 degrees **** gets hot very quickly

Admiral_Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
Gonna have to vote cold here. Did my work experience at my mechanics during the summer (all outside with very little shade), and the heat purely made me want to not get out of bed in the morning and go! And I really loved my time there..

Nothing beats a fresh breeze on a winters morning in my opinion :)

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Whats the matter with you people.. don't you live in australia? The home of humidity?

Hot working any day over cold. Few cold beers will cool you down good

White Tiger

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Berlina, RB30 GQ Patrol
being a welder cold weather all the way welding on 40 degrees days with overalls pants shirt welding mask gloves and boots sucks ball especially when your arc is about 3000 degrees **** gets hot very quickly

or sweating your guts out on a 10 degree day for the same reasons

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
Defiantly freezing.. can sleep much better imo ( warm and rugged up!) getting out of a bed is a mission.. but, at least you wont sweat to much thru-out the day, depending on what you do..

I also love the cold for working inside cars, !! :)

Only big downer is, hands feel stiff and VERY gumby haha :D

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Cold too, just get yaself some good work gloves and your set. However if I'm working I'd rather it be hotter as concrete tends to go off (cure) faster which means I normally get to go home faster. I can work in hot weather, don't mind it, just when it gets humid as fk I tend to get cranky.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
cold for sure.. rug up and wear gloves so your hands dont hurt as much when a spanner slips. my mate has a few of those pole-mounted outdoor gas heater things for his shop and they work reasonably well.

theres nothing worse than doing a real bastard of a job on a stinking hot humid day i reckon

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Being a Cement Renderer im screwed either way. In summer we have to work in direct sunlight which sucks on its own but it also makes the cement go off quicker so we gotta work faster, and the colder days also become a pain. Ever climbed scaffolding at 6:30 in the morning and placing your hand in your water bucket to get a tool.. Its not fun :)

I think its easier to just get an office job...