Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your least liked automotive law

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
By the way - if theres a keep left sign ANYWHERE on the road you are on, it applies for the whole length. So if theres a keep left sign on the bruce highway in Brisbane, you canget booked for failing to keep left on the bruce highway in Bundaberg, 400 klicks up the road.

Assuming there's not a 'end keep left unless overtaking' sign ;)

Also, did you know any road above 80 (so, 90 or higher) is automatically a keep left unless overtaking zone. It seems 90% of drivers do not.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
By the way - if theres a keep left sign ANYWHERE on the road you are on, it applies for the whole length. So if theres a keep left sign on the bruce highway in Brisbane, you canget booked for failing to keep left on the bruce highway in Bundaberg, 400 klicks up the road.

That only applies to the "Keep left unless overtaking" sign, a simple "Keep Left" sign only applies until the far side of the traffic island (whether constructed or painted). This type of sign indicates where you should drive when a traffic island is there.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I"m not a fan of Red arrows/red lights for turning left. I think a red RH turn arrow should be interpreted as a stop sign (stop, give way, then proceed when safe) and the same with Left hand turn red lights and arrows as it would turn every intersection into a slip lane.

It's ridiculous at 2am when you pull up to a red light and have to wait for the lights to cycle through when it's clearly clear to go

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Instead of having 'overtaking lanes', we used to have 'fast lanes'.
The reason we now have 'overtaking lanes' which we must only use to overtake in, is that Joe Tool and all his mates could not accept that they were not 'fast' and just stayed in the 'fast lane' permanently, which meant no-one could overtake.

I hate open road speed limits. I grew up in Darwin, the road toll hasn't changed noticeably since the Feds forced NT to impose one. All they do is make the journey take longer and allow fatigue to become a larger factor than what it was.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Instead of having 'overtaking lanes', we used to have 'fast lanes'.
The reason we now have 'overtaking lanes' which we must only use to overtake in, is that Joe Tool and all his mates could not accept that they were not 'fast' and just stayed in the 'fast lane' permanently, which meant no-one could overtake.

I hate open road speed limits. I grew up in Darwin, the road toll hasn't changed noticeably since the Feds forced NT to impose one. All they do is make the journey take longer and allow fatigue to become a larger factor than what it was.

I read somewhere a while ago that the road toll went up after the speed limit was imposed, will have to dig it up.

EDIT here you go RoadSense.com.au - Facts on failed speed camera policy

30% increase!!