Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your view on corrections

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
i dont think its the jails that are the problem. yes they do get a it good inside but it is supposed to be rehab. but i think its the sentencing that is the biggest problem.

you can murder someone and get less time than someone who is in for fraud. there is no balance.

it all depends on what mood the judge is in on the day and which judge you get.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I do agree with this, however, imagine if that what it was like, could you see anyone who went in for a couple of years coming out rehabilitated, not at all, they would come out like feral animals ready to take on the world in a negative way, not by any means I am proud to say, but I have a few mates who went off the rails and ended up inside, admitedely they came out with goals of better things (well most did, some people you just can't help). All of them did admit that the prison is a school of crime, some of the things would probably be too much to post here, but they surely wouldn't lie about it and spun me out. I assure you from these stories, its not a playhouse, its dog eat dog. Its just another form of rehabilitating, what do we do with junkies, alco's, gamblers and the rest, just say screw them?

I guess many might think before becoming a low life criminal then if it is that hard. Currently many do not care if they get caught because they get **** all punishment, perhaps if there was a setup that made people think before breaking the law(serious enough to go to jail) they might think twice. I doubt it though, most criminals that go to jail are ****ed int he head anyway and rarely do think.

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
i just finished a 8 month suspended sentence with a 8 month ico (intenseve corections order) and the others boys who did the exact same as me got a slap on wrist and there got worse records then me so that just shows there is no set sentences for what ever you do and prison is meant to rehab you to improve your attitude towards scicoity but 90% of prisoners end up back in side as it is free to live in there no work play game consoles and watch pay tv internet if i went in side i would see it as a punishment not a holiday not use anything as that is how it should be

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
In relation to sentencing recently on the news they were saying there should be mandatory jail time for anyone who assults a copper, why only coppers? Why not anyone who assults someone gets jail time?

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
In relation to sentencing recently on the news they were saying there should be mandatory jail time for anyone who assults a copper, why only coppers? Why not anyone who assults someone gets jail time?

Because a copper got his face broken and anyone else getting beaten up isn't a big enough deal to the media. Give it 2 days and it will be forgotten about.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
i think people who intentionally commit murder should be met with murder, They take a life they dont deserve to have one. I also think small crimes like graffiti should be atleast 3 months inside rather than a slap and a "dont do it again speech"

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I personally don't think that you should take someones life because they killed someone. Then you are not better than the guy who killed.

Either way that's the easy way out for them, they should at least have a miserable life as a punishment instead of ending it that easily.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I personally don't think that you should take someones life because they killed someone. Then you are not better than the guy who killed.

Either way that's the easy way out for them, they should at least have a miserable life as a punishment instead of ending it that easily.

I disagree, why should our tax dollars go to housing these criminals in near luxury? It is a waste of money that could be spent on bettering the community.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I disagree, why should our tax dollars go to housing these criminals in near luxury? It is a waste of money that could be spent on bettering the community.

That is true, that's why the people in prison should work to pay for the costs of running the jail. (making socks or something like that)

Also it comes down to this. A guy kills someones wife. The husband of the wife who was killed decides to kill the person responsible. Now, should the husband be punished or should he be killed as well?