Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your worst accident

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
nomad - that's messed up. friend of my sister had a prang on a bike, can't remember what model, but anyways he was following traffic one day, car infront lolcked up brakes, bike couldn't stop in time. ol mate went over the handlebars and bent the chassis of the car with is knee. major reconstruction and hospital stay. long story short, a year later his leg is still in two pieces

Streetvision

Scar-Non
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VP Commodore
TheForgotten said:
nomad - that's messed up. friend of my sister had a prang on a bike, can't remember what model, but anyways he was following traffic one day, car infront lolcked up brakes, bike couldn't stop in time. ol mate went over the handlebars and bent the chassis of the car with is knee. major reconstruction and hospital stay. long story short, a year later his leg is still in two pieces

That's not good :(

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
Streetvision said:
I'm guessing parents weren't to impressed with that. :(
actually she was alot coller with it than I thought. she was riding shotgun so she witnessed the whole thing. only drama was she had to BS to insurance because I wasn't covered for that car (funnily enough, tht happened about 8 years after I first learned to drive,, but only on road for 4 days)

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
:) :) :) :)

Last edited:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
:) :) :) :)

Last edited:

Streetvision

Scar-Non
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VP Commodore
Well that was an awesome story, nice to see you made it out without hurting yourself

RichoKidd

Obese Commodores
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Yesterday was driving home from work and had to come to a stop because there was a few cars turning off to a side street.
I'm patiently waiting when I hear a set of tyres screech, a loud thud & then a quieter thud. I then realised my car had been hit, but only as a dominoe effect.
First thought that ran threw my head; "Oh f**k, I'm meant to have a cruise this weekend", then all three of us pulled up off the road to inspect the damage. I check the car who caused the accident.
It was brutal, the entire front end was pushed back into the engine bay & smoke was going everywhere. His FORD FALCON ute may be not be making a comingback.
Then I had a look at the guy in the centre off it all. His rear end was pretty badly damaged. Gonna need to replace the entire bumper & bootlid.
Then I walked around to the front, the part of the car that hit me. Looking closer, there is about 5l of coolant all over the road/curb & his front bumper/grille is hanging but a thread. A small world considering I use to go to highschool with this guy
Poor kids had his license for two days so he is freaking the f**k out because his FORD XR6 is insured under his mums name and the paperwork for his to switch it was being processed today.

I, hesitently, assesed the damage to my machine. All I'll say is, thank f**k for towbars. Sure that thing has completly ripped out this kids front end & radiator but it sure saved my ass, litterly.
I took a look to find nothing but a few scratches & a few "dings" I think the bumper cover is a little loose so the insurance company may replace it.

No one was hurt but, hopefully will be riddin' a new bumper by next week.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
ROLF ^^^^^ Major thread digging...

Good to hear no one was hurt.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Maaaaajor thread dig. But since it is revived.

Had a tyre blowout with the old man's VT Wagon with 200kg of wholesale food supplies in the boot at 110k an hour on the Hume. Car got speed wobbles as the back left blew and just went into what you could call a 'death spin' before hitting a side post and spinning into a servo. Surprised we didn't roll!

Call it luck, I call it divine intervention. Scariest moment of my life.

walkierep

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina
lol i had a bad one back in 2004 i had just purchased a subaru brumby and had it for 4 days travelling to work i came around a blind corner at 80kph and some idiot coming the other way was taking up all the road and i had a choice of a 5mtr drop or rock wall i took the rock wall side to try and avoid him but hit loose shale on the verge spinning me hard into the rock wall bounced off it skidded across the road and rolled it down the 5mtr drop on the other side of the road totalling the ute the roof was totally collapsed into the car and the tray was folded up to where the roof was and front end was pushed off to the side spent 3hrs upside down out cold and the other driver didn't stop a truck driver that came along 3hrs later came to my aid and i'm still suffering from the injuries pins are in my lower spine and shoulder blades top of the neck sits off to one side and pins in my jaw spent 12 weeks in a neck brace and wheel chair