Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zero respect for police

stevef

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Its no wonder kids these days have zero respect for police.
First of all for people that dont know in nsw we have a law that says that between 11pm and 5 am a red p plater can only have 1 passenger in their car if the passenger is under 21.

My son took his girl and his mate to the movies they left with enough time to get home. on the way home there was a crash on the bridge the road was blocked with no other way to go.

In the end they were delayed about half an hour.

About 500 meters from home he gets pulled over by an unmarked cop for a random breath test.Thats OK he doesnt drink but the cop says its 11.15 pm you can only have 1 passenger under 21. He explains to the #### sorry cop about the crash on the bridge and the unavoidable delay. The cop says bad luck not my problem. $ 430 fine and seven demerit points thats licence gone for 3 months. He had 1 week to go on his red P's and has never been booked before, red P platers only get 4 demerit points.

He is shattered.
I would take it to court but justice is only available to those that can afford it.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
if he got a fine, he wont loose his license for 4 weeks. he will have time to get his greens in time.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Yeh some cops are assholes and some are good. I hate the pricks what defect for no good reason.

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Take it to court anyways, any reasonable judge would understand there were extenuating circumstances and potentially let him off with a lesser penalty...

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
That's life mate. No use whining about it on a forum. The problem you have is Legal Aid won't help you if it's your first traffic offence. All I can say is contest it and see what happens.

I ran into a similar situation. Had just enough time to get every one home (2 guys 2 girls). Cop's pulled us up at 10:30. Made us wait 20 minutes then said sorry girls will have to walk your mate is fine though. I offered to get out with one of the girls but the cops said nope can't do now leave before we find something to book you for. Luckily there was a pub not far from where we got done and we picked the girls up from there and took them home.

stevef

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
The thing is there should be no penalty at all the cop new about the crash on the bridge it would have been all over his radio 15 mins before.
Surely this would of been a case for leinency but as you can see nowdays the police and governments are so hellbent on revenue raising that common sense has gone out the window.
I would take it to court but that means more expense another day of work and no garantee of a favourable result. And i have heard of people trying to take the police to court very rarely comes out in their favour.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I'm not sure but can it be appealed by writing a letter opposed to going to court, or is that the only option?

stevef

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
He has already sent the letter but i dont hold much hope for him,

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
never know, it is a legitimate reason and you might get someone with some decency read the letter.

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
he should be right a mate just got off her fist fine because she sent a letter away with some made up reason why she was doing 52 in a 40 school zone at 3:50pm i didnt know the points were so hi for this type of "crime"