Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternator warning light

hsvr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Clubsport R8
Hey ive had my ve r8 for a while now and today for the first time the alternator warning came on, i clicked out and it came back like 5 min later and went away. No engine light cane up. The alternator is still working, i have the battery votage metre and it shows that the alternator is charging it. Does any one know why it did it?

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Hey ive had my ve r8 for a while now and today for the first time the alternator warning came on, i clicked out and it came back like 5 min later and went away. No engine light cane up. The alternator is still working, i have the battery votage metre and it shows that the alternator is charging it. Does any one know why it did it?

Did this on my '07 Lumina a couple of times. Turned out to be a software issue.
I had the software upgraded under warranty and it was all good.

EDIT: Just saw it's an R8...I may be completely wrong as I have zero experience with those bad boys

hsvr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Clubsport R8
It keeps cumin on when the voltage goes below 12v. But then volts go back up to 14

hsvr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Clubsport R8
Just came to my mind that 2 days ago i was filling up my powerstering fluid wich is ontop of the alternator, a bit spilled out and probly fell sumwere near alternator or wires. Could this be the problem. Alternator light comes on for a second and goes off byitslef

Sean08ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv ute
Just came to my mind that 2 days ago i was filling up my powerstering fluid wich is ontop of the alternator, a bit spilled out and probly fell sumwere near alternator or wires. Could this be the problem. Alternator light comes on for a second and goes off byitslef
Any follow up on this?? Mine doing the same thing for a week now