Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone fitted Walkinshaw power pack?

Topcar

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking at getting a VE SS manual in the new year. I would like to get the Walkinshaw power pack fitted at $2650. This includes induction, exhaust and a recalibration.

Has anyone had this fitted? I am after some feedback and what sort of improvement I should expect.

I am also interested in the Harrop performace brake kit at $3950.

Cheers,

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
well i am also gunna buy a VE SS ute soon and test drive a stock SS, then an SS with the performance pack... and you wouldnt think an extra few kw wud make a difference, but it had me convinced for sure. It makes a noticeable difference to the acceleration, not to mention the sweeter note you get from the cat-back exhaust :D

If you have a spare 2.6k then its well worth it, i have put off buying my new ute just yet so i can save the extra 2.6

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Basically, if you've got the folding stuff to spend, have a look around and see what else is out there.

Are there other places that offer the same increase in performance, and for what price?

The Walkinshaw exhaust on an SS gives a lovely note though. Improves it from the standard one no-end

surfindude

hothouse green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack s1
my old man has a SS and he had the walky pack put on it.
it has changed the car so much. it has so much more pick up from down so low, the power is right there eeven at about 1500-2000, i drove it be fore and after and is easily worth it.
the sound when he first got it dont wasnt much louder then stock but now after a few Km's it has really got a nice roar about it when stepped on.
if u have any other questions or want to see pics or hear it let me no n ill c what i can send u.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
having driven quite a few modified VE's the walky pack is by a longshot the best for driveability, others may have marginally more power but that comes from the "dyno queen syndrome" (mine makes more power than yours)...lol

xCalliba

EPICVN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1 5.0L, VN 'S' Pack project, VY S2 5.7
in pursuit of adding the walky pack to my new VE SS ute (when i get it) i was told that the pack has just changed, and is actually more expensive now because they do more stuff to the computer. and i was lost in the babbel about the ss8 and the ss9, whatever the hell that means? does anyone know if this price change is true... and if so, will there most likely be a greater power increase with this?

tastey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exectutive
I'm thinking of getting one of these..the thing that may sell it is they carry the new car warranty for drive train. Holden don't warrant modded motors (even if just an OTR and def not if the MAF is removed - so my dealer tells me). So to get about 30rwkw and keep warranty sounds good to me.

johnnyv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais v a6 v8
I have a pack from my local sydney dealer

I got the 2.5 inch walkinshaw exhaust ,extractors ,tune,vcm cold intake with the maf still attached and a dyno tune.It has made the car feel so good.Now it pulls harder down low and off the start .My car is auto so it feels better now. It seems to get to the low speed shift points quicker so it not hanging onto the gears as long,the torque increase is great and i have not noticed any more increase in fuel use .So i say go for it.

quincy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Poison Ivy Series 2
Had the pack installed on my new series 2 and love it . My series 1 had growler cold air + berklee pex mufflers and the sound difference is heaps better (especially in a tunnel when you stick the boot in). Price was $2995 fitted and no complaints .

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
that's great to hear that you guys are enjoying the Walky pack! I looked at Walkinshaw for a full system but a lot of people told me that they had issues with 3" exhaust with shocking droning etc and that it was just a rebadge of a local product. They were a lot more expensive than the VCM pack that I fitted. I do like their exhaust tips too! They look awesome! mmm.. will keep this in mind for next time! :)