Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My SSV Sportwagon

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
I picked up my 2011 SSV today, and am sooo happy with it.
Thanks to those who helped me with the decision in this thread, and steered me towards the wagon instead of sedan. I think it looks particularly good in alto grey, actually.

I've had it lowered (super low, Kings) by about 1 3/4" and tinted, so it looks pretty solid and mean already. Bee-sting aerial put in later today.

Plans
Plan to get Oztrack tune and OTR CAI. (done)
I then maybe will get an exhaust extractor with high-flo cats too, whilst leaving mufflers so it's super-quiet. This is my family car, so I don't want much sound, just more power. Plus, not sure it's worth the expense since I've no idea how long I'll keep this car for, might only be 2.5 years then upgrade to a VF SSV when it's released.
Maybe new speakers on the inside, they're really quite ordinary when stock. (done)
I don't think I will do much more than that.

MbEcrl.jpg

Last edited:

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Congrats on the new car dude...gotta love the alto grey but i maybe alittle bias lol, looks pretty smick especially with the lowered height n tint!

CV60VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
very sexy dude. looks shhmiko sitting at a good height and the tint looks good can't wait to get a VE or VF of my own haha

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
That's a very nice looking wagon here mate.

Top job.

Cheers.

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
Thanks guys.
I was really happy today; took my wife and kids for their first short drive. My wife could sit in the back happily, leg room, and felt really good about the space and functionality. She had been a little on the fence about the Holden before, now she thinks it was a really good choice.
Less "family in your face" than a 7-seater.

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
Great color bud. Should powdercoat your rims to be all black. This color looks sensational with black rims! Maybe put that mod on your list! :) I've got a full exhaust and it's not too loud! Functionality wise, the car is phenominal. Loads of space inside and towing power! I got a metal cargo barrier and it's the best investment. When we go away, boot is packed to the roof and the kids are safe!

Cheers :beer chug:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
In regards to the exhaust, i can also say that the full systems on the wagons aren't too loud. Brother has one and he's also got a young family and there aren't any complaints.
Just don't go 3" and you'll be fine.

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
About the exhaust, that's good to know.
I wouldn't want any more interior cabin sound at all, when driving; under acceleration, fair enough, even now I hear the warm sound of the V8, but it's distant.
From reading I've done, 2.5" exhaust is the right size when you (like me) do not anticipate any further power mods.
Maybe I'll see if I can find some sound-recordings or something of a wagon with full exhaust, so I can hear it's sound in-cabin. That'd be reassuring.
Then again, it's still more money than I really want to spend on the car... ah, well something to think about.

Good tip on the metal barrier! I might get one for our Christmas holiday.
It would be reassuring.

Oh, and with the reverse camera, I wouldn't feel blind either!