Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bad rubbing noise

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
hello again guys, ok so here is wat i do, u no just got my p's
so i give my car abit round tight corners but even wen i dont
go very hard for some reason my front left tyres makes an odd noise
like a rubbing noise, now my car is lowered but wen i corner left
its fine only wen i corner right does it, whether its a hand
brakey or just going round a corner, now i was htinking maybe brakes
are gone on that tyre or maybe supsesion is gone. Also i looked un my car and there isdusty oil all over my shock and around that area like brakes ect. yet other side is clean as so tell me what u think guys, i dont wana roll my car wen i brake something there and kill my self

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
gaurds?

gaurds??? do u mean the mud flaps... if so no i dont have them, (damn stone chips)

just read carefully remember its only wen stearing to the right and the left wheel rubs or clunks... also if it happens to much it makes my steering wheel wobble something cronic, no it makes my wheels out of whack, but then in 5 mins of steering it fixes it self, i no i need a balance but its gets really bad when after i hear the noise for while

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
yeh you should have wheel arch guards that cover up the hole infront of your door hinge area.... how low is your car???? can i ahve a foto cos mine i fairly low with 17's and still doesnt scrape on anything under the guards

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
actually get your sway bar links checked because the rubbers might have dropped off and made it clunk and shudder

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
photo's

ok here are some pics, if u see the one with my brakes all that crap... thats the left side and its covered in oily dust, over everything.... i odnt no how low it is but i got 16 x 8's on it, its quite low, rock hard suspension too

im gonna lift the front up tomoz cause i dont have to work, u said to get something checked, wat should i check and were can i find it

sorry man my phone wont connect to my comp for the pics, ill restrart, so reply to this please and give me a min

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
there is a sway bar that joins to your strut and runs under the car to the other strut.... on either side there is 2 rods with rubber bushes holden it firm to the strut.... you will need to get it in the air to be able to see it properly so tommorow check if your bushes are still tensioned up properly or still even on there because as soona s i lowered my car mine dropped off and i got a clunking sound when i turned anyway.....ill try and get a photo for u so u know what im on about

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
pics

ok i got pics for ya, i think i still have my rubbers on the struts

Attachments

• 07-09-05_1859.jpg
    07-09-05_1859.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 07-09-05_1857.jpg
    07-09-05_1857.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 196
  • 07-09-05_1858.jpg