Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

air suspension for VP commodore!!!!

• Thread starter VIP-VPT..Banned......
  • Start date
V

VIP-VPT..Banned......

hey ppl, jus wondering if anyone knows anywhere in victoria who does air bag suspension for a VP commo, air-bag-it.com has a few kits available but im still unsure if they would fit okay on a commo, jus wondering if this has ever been down before, as i am frothing to pull up at the lights next to sum fine chicks and start playin with my suspension, FRESH!!!! any one know anywhere in vic that can do it or get them in? :shooting:
oh and another question is, are the legal? probably not but that dont phaze me considering my car sounds like a fog horn and it sits about 20mm off the ground....

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
I have heard horror stories about the fitment of airbag suspension in Commodores. I have heard that to actually get the whole thing to fit, they have to cut the existing spring and shock mounts off everything and carve a relatively large chunk out of something else.

Meaning, if you get pulled over and the police tell you to lose the bag setup, you can't, because the existing **** has long been carved off to make way for the bags.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong someone. I love seeing airbag suspension on cars and wouldn't mind doing it myself, just that stories like this one tend to stick in your mind.

V

VIP-VPT..Banned......

i get dodgy canarys, *************************************** bout the punk police to tell u the truth, anyone know where i can get em fitted n how much

Last edited by a moderator:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
not sure where you can get them fitted, from what i've heard, around 6grand to be fitted, and if you get it done properly and engineered, coppas cant defect you for them.

S

sobvngrpa

There is a guy in Knox Area he is the offical importer of one of the air bag systems

airride.com i think ....

He can get all parts my mate was going to replace suspenision in a EL Fairmont and the kit was about $2500 all up and then $500 about to fit .... not bad value

IRS cars a little harder but you can just put the in the front if you want of a commodore which i was gunna do for about $1500 but that did not include the compressor

R

rattattack1313

VIP-VPT said:
i get dodgy canarys, *************************************** bout the punk police to tell u the truth, anyone know where i can get em fitted n how much
The fella was trying to help you mate....not put you down....So now you have the JC Police watching you.........

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
yeah not exactly a good place to talk about police, as for the air bags, i have seen it in a magazine a while back in a VX commodore. If i look around i may be able to find the mag. I think it cost him about $5000 with a small compressor in the boot. would look alright. Im pretty sure you can buy air bags that will sit where the spring goes, without cutting or welding, but im not sure

V

VIP-VPT..Banned......

and how are these police officers gonna cum find me, and what are they gonna book me for exactly? lets get serious ppl, i was jus statin that they dont really bother me as i have my own little ways off gettin round them, but thanks for the kind info everyone....

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
well i dont know, hey i think i found a site that may interest you, www.burnincustoms.com i found it in my magazine, looks like it could be pretty cheap for a full kit, about $3000 or less even. i dont know if you do get air suspension would you mind posting some pics we can all have a look, i my self would love to see something like that. good luck with it
cheers, nick

V

VIP-VPT..Banned......

yeh been to burnin customs and airbagit.com not bad kits, but i dont know anyone that imports em i think only in qld, n i dont think mechanic down here would wanna try fit one if he hadnt dont it b4 lol