Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heater to cold

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
i have a new heater valve and have flushed the heater system for blockages 2 times in the last year (the second time it did nothing) and yet my heater still dosent get hot (only mild warm lucky if its over 25c) why is this?

are vn heaters just bad. when i touch the copper pipe at the drivers side feet i will get burned if i hold it there and when i switch the hot to cold dial i hear it moving the trap doors.

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
well i dont know about anyone elses, but my heater is damn hot!! i only just recently replaced all heater hoses cos they were clogged of crap and now it works like new.
same with my air con, although i havent changed anything on that its bloody cold. maybe your not getting any water into the hoses.
cos at the time when i replaced the heater hoses, i replaced both inlet manifold gaskets and both head gaskets and gave the head a good flush through.
but thats just my 2 cents

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Yeah, the heater in my VN is incredible. Puts me to sleep in no time LOL.

Is it possible that your heater core is blocked and won't allow much water to flow through it?

vpbt1ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS manual
id say maybe the door inside your heater box isnt working even tho u can here it as the water is entering into the car

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
id agree with mouce change the heater core mine wasnt to hot in the vp since i changed due to a leak hot as hell now

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
The only problem is that doing a heater core in a VN is not a simple thing. According to the manual the dash has to come out, and you have to disconnect part of the aircon as well...

To me this sounds fairly expensive.

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
nah just take the front radio surround and just cut the old one out then cut the new one the same bit shorter and join it with heater hose and some clamps i did this for a total price of 30$ i got a good one from the wreckers same was done to that and it was virtually brand new

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
so my heater core maybe only half opening or something since yours all work good.

F

foammedia

lay on the floor near the pedals and study that white plastic level the heater dial opens, investigate that

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
foammedia said:
lay on the floor near the pedals and study that white plastic level the heater dial opens, investigate that
i have investigated the dial :p all in working order (i found that lever when the rod from the dial used to keep falling off)thanks for adivce tho. me thinks the core bit is screwed will find out how to change it at then cahnge it when i get time :D