Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no injector pulse

skid_lover05

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v8 berlina
hey i have recently put a 5L out of a vr ute into a vs v6 sedan.. the 5L engine was running when removed.. since i have put it all into the vs, i now have no injector pulse.. There is 12v on each side of the injector and i have spark and fuel pump prime.. also notice that there is no power at 87 terminal on the EFI relay...

do i need the use a BCM out of v8? or shoud the vs v6 one do the job..

any help will be muchly appreciated, cheers joel

noddycommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore bt1
You will need the computer out of the v8 commodore since the v8's run a dizzie where the v6 does not. They pick up the signal for the injector signal from different spots

skid_lover05

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v8 berlina
sorry mate do you mean the ecu or bcm ? i am using the ecu from the vr, just wondering if i need to use other bcm at all?

noddycommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore bt1
The bcm should be fine. The easiest option is that you may have blown the fuse for the efi. I have been stumped by that before, also the injectors should have + power on both sides because it's earth switched threw the ecu.

skid_lover05

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v8 berlina
i checked all the fuses and relays and they are all fine.. i checked the fault codes and 31 came up, theft deterent...

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Have you tried leaving the ignition on for at least 45 minutes. This bypasses the theft deterrent system and should allow the engine to start. Will at least confirm that the problem is with the theft deterrent system.

holdenchicyv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8
yes bmc must be from an 8. it also has to be a least mid range as v6 are low range. hope iv helped