Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crusie Control Not Working

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hey everyone,

I've had my car for a few months now and was only just trying to work out how to use cruise control, yet after following the steps from the car's manual I am still unable to get it working. It seems when I try to activate it, I should be notified by something on the dash when it is turned on however this is no the case when I push "ON" or "Set Acc" etc, nothing happens, no lights or warnings in the dash, and I've tried a number of ways to get it working and it is still failing on me. Has anyone else had similar problems, or perhaps know what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers in advance, Killer

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
firstly i will say make sure all brake/tail light work correctly because if they don't then the cruise won't work.
i assume when turned on the CRS light appears on the dash?
must be over 30 - 40km's for cruise to work. it works by pushing the closest top button on the stalk once at desired speed.
if it doesn't work still pull the rubber boot back on the stalk where it goes into the steering column covers and inspect stalk wire, you may find it might have a broken wire or two. if so replace stalk, easy to DIY.
one more possibilty might be and over adjusted stop light switch. get someone behind the car and see how quick stop lights come on once pedal pressed. if they come on as soon as pedal is moved slightly then switch may need adjusting by locating it near pedal box, push brake pedal down hard and at the same time push switch in. let go of pedal and switch and switch will relocate in a better position.
hope this helps.

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
so if ur brake/tail lights/ reverse lights dont work and cruse doesnt work what do ya have to do to fix it??

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
fuse????
I think theres a relay in the engine bay also(?)
just suggesting something real technical!!!...

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Mine played up and it was the brakelight switch down on the pedal was a bit sensitive. Drop one down your dacks next time ya go to the wreckers.
Check fuses, no light at all means no power. Accoridng to the Haynes Manual fuses 8, 9 and 10 are linked to the cruise control as is the body control manual.
The on switch(the bottom one) should make a light saying Cruise come on on the bottome of the dash.
The top 2 are for when you are moving and will not activate unless you are doing at least 40 kms per hour.
If you email me I will attach a copy of the page from the manual to give you a starting point, but is basic.

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Oops, amend that, I should put my glasses on first.
Fuses are:
10 - Body Control Module
11 - Cruise Control
8 - Stop Lamp Switch

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
If you dont get the CRS light on when you hit the toggle switch on the stalk then you have a power problem.There are a few other things on the fuse feeding it so other things wont be working which you would have noticed.The wires feeding the switch on the stalk are small and prone to break after a few years.You need a meter to check that you have power on the pink wire.

vsuterus

Reaction score
Also if its not the brake switch/fuses - the stalks tend to wear out over time - if the writing has worn off the stalk theres a good chance the switches inside are worn out and not making proper contact. Try pushing the on button a bit harder than normal with the car on and see if the CRS light illuminates. You can get replacement stalks for about $50 and they're much nicer to use than a worn out one, even just when indicating - much tighter.

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Are there any fault checks I could do to determine if there is an error somewhere within car system?