Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Usage

J

jim468

Guys (& Girls)
need some advice, my VR seems to be chewing the juice at an alarming rate, it is serviced regularly...any tips ?
PS Thanks for the advice on the keys :bang:

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
6 or and 8... how many Ks per tank you getting and whats your driving style like?

usualy replacing the oxygen sensors will help a bit... good service and tune.
im getting 350-450 on a tank depending..(59L, V6)

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
I drive like a nanna and i got my best run the other day 442kms/tank (V6)

Morganv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i get around 350-400 outta my 5 litre.... around town... when im sensible give it a squirt here and there half a tank gone in 100-150k's

J

jim468

Thanks for the advice everybody, the car is a V6 and I don't flog her too much although my wife tends to give it heaps.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
dont take this the wrong way guys...but your drivin a commodore not a excel, if its fuel economy you want get a four banger.
again plz,i mean no offence,im just stating the obvious.

A

anotherstockvs

man ur all gettin crappy fuel usage, i can get 440 to a 60L tank around town and 580 highway usage thats a vs

from factory holden say u should get 7.4L avrge fuel consumption and 11.5 on a highway, i recommend lifting ur right about 2 inches up :p

Lyoness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
my VR which isn't stock and with a heavy foot now & then, my best comsumption was 480kms per tank around town.

But yeah normally o2 sensors go which causes excess fuel consumption but do a full comsuption test as in full tank to fuel light empty as the fuel gauges are never correct and you may get more out of your tank in the top half rather than the bottom half according to the gauge.

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
sircruisealotVS said:
dont take this the wrong way guys...but your drivin a commodore not a excel, if its fuel economy you want get a four banger.
again plz,i mean no offence,im just stating the obvious.

I bought my car for the looks of the vs which i like and the reliability and being a holden, there's no need to drive like a maniac in peak hour traffic, there for i take it slow... I do like to give it a full throttle of juice on the weekends tho but generally i drive my old mans landcruiser on the weekend sa its a company car and the fuel is free :D

Also talking about fuel gauges being out.. i think mine is, it beaped twice on low fuel so i filled her up with 54L's of fuel... its a stock tank too... maybe my gauge is out....... ????

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
...hmm,i dont understand why you have quoted my previous thread...