Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please Help Cant Drive To Work Morrow!!asap Please

L

Lynden

Hi,

Please help i have a vs ute and the ignition barrel wont turn over at all. Ive tryed wiggling the wheel and key but there is not turing over whatsover. Please help asap

Kind Regards,

Lynden

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
Try some crc in the barrel, or any lubricant, try spare key. If this fails, remove cover under steering lock and hot wire (sorry aint gunna tell u how to do, some peps might get wrong idea) good luck :whistling

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Are you saying the ignition barrel is stuck? Or the car is not starting when you turn the key (ie flat battery)?

shamden22

shamden22
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
it happened to my car too you have to wiggle the steering wheel and jiggle the key you have to give the wheel a real good wiggle dont worry they are strong and if you get it unlocked dont lock it again because the barrel has to be on acc to take it out to be overhauled just keep persisting with it it will come free.DONT TURN THE KEY ALL THE WAY BACK OFF WHEN YOU FREE IT UP. you will just have to do it all again

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
Bit of a common problem that one. You will need a new ignition barrel no doubt so if you get if free don't turn it to the locked position. If it isn't left in the accessories position the barrel will need to be destroyed to get the key out. I am a mechanic and had the same problem. And keying a new barrel is not fun either but it can be done. A locksmith will be able to do it for you ontop of the cost of a new barrel. Can't remember how much they are but it is irrelevant in your case.

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
yeah that hapened to my mums wagon. there is a bit of the barrel that breaks of and jams it up. we had to get a lock smith out and it took ages to get fixed. but the locksmith had never seen one that bad.

S

slammed_calais

get a hammer and tap it where the key goes in, not hard!!! tap it and then try and turn it, if that doesnt work then put the key in there, try and turn the key at the same time while tapping the key with a hammer.