Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

spark plugs - how to change?

VTS07

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VT S series II
I bought my VT about 6 months ago and not sure when it was last serviced the other day I did oil n filter change and now I wanna check the spark plugs and replace if need be.

So how do I go about doing this? ive searched and couldn't find a detailed how to on this topic...

cheers.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
i wasnt sure on how to then i went an got myself a spark plug tool and did it myself. its not hard like i thought as i always got others to do it. its nothing just make sure if u use the tool too leave the rubber in it or the spark plugs with snap off like mine did. but all was good. im not sure if there isa thread or not anyone?

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
ok basically all u do is get the right socket (the smaller one of the two) pull off ur lead, fit the plug remover onto the plug so that it is over the metal socket bit at the bottom (where the plug goes into the engine) and simply undo it as if u where undoin a nut...just make sure it doesnt slip and brake the ceramic top of the plug...ive done that before on an iridium and i will never do it again lol :thumbsup:

and yeh dont take all ur leads off at once coz other wise it'll be a bastard to find which plug they go on wen ur done :thumbsup:

cheers
ryan

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Don't overtighten them, they don't need much force.

VTS07

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VT S series II
where are the spark plugs though? on the passengers side of the engine there is a group plugs labeled 1 - 6 but are they the ignition leads?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
where are the spark plugs though? on the passengers side of the engine there is a group plugs labeled 1 - 6 but are they the ignition leads?

Those leads lead to the spark plugs. Remove the lead from the sparkplug, gently twisting while pulling. Don't just yank them or you may rip the ends off.
Then fit the socket to the sparkplug and undo in an anticlockwise direction.
I would also recommend you buy a workshop repair manual as you seem to know little about engines (no offense) we all had to start somewhere and learn along the way.

Last edited:

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais

the spark plugs are screwed into the heads.

VTS07

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VT S series II
Those leads lead to the spark plugs. Remove the lead from the sparkplug, gently twisting while pulling. Don't just yank them or you may rip the ends off.
Then fit the socket to the sparkplug and undo in an anticlockwise direction.
I would also recommend you buy a workshop repair manual as you seem to know little about engines (no offense) we all had to start somewhere and learn along the way.

ok so the spark plugs are on either side of the engine?